* Bug with \quotation ?
@ 2006-12-02 22:38 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-12-02 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

there seems to be a bug with the \quotation command: ConTeXt doesn't
break the line after the closing quotes it generates. Here's a small
test file showing the problem (hope the utf-encoding makes it through
the mail):

\enableregime[utf]

\setuppapersize[A5][A4]

\mainlanguage[deo]

\starttext

\quotation{langwierigerer, langweiliger, zufälliger, unrepräsentativer}
Schmuck Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test
Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test
Test
Test Test Test Test Test Test Test

\en

\quotation{overly beautiful pusillanimous sesquipedalian longwinded}
test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test
test test test test test test test test test test test test test test
test
test test test test test test test

\stoptext

I tried reading core-mis.tex, but wasn't able to find where this
behavior comes from.

Best

Thomas

* Re: Bug with \quotation ?
@ 2006-12-03 14:03 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-12-03 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> there seems to be a bug with the \quotation command: ConTeXt doesn't
> break the line after the closing quotes it generates. Here's a small
> test file showing the problem (hope the utf-encoding makes it through
> the mail):

> I tried reading core-mis.tex, but wasn't able to find where this
> behavior comes from.

This is tricky: at the end of the quoted material, the sequence is

   <rightquotationsymbol>
   \penalty10000
   \hskip\delimitedtextsignal
   <a space>
   <S>

And that sequence does not actually allow a line break (thanks to the
\penalty10000). A number of low-level hacks is possible, but I am not
sure which one is best.

Something like this redefinition works (the penalty is new):

   \definedelimitedtext
     [quotation]
     [left={\symbol[leftquotation]},
      right={\symbol[rightquotation]\penalty0 },
      leftmargin=standard]

Best, Taco