From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Subject: context bugs and feature requests
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 08:58:19 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Peter,

Peter Münster wrote:

> P.S.: What about http://context.literatesolutions.com/collector/ ?

Sorry, a bit of a delayed reply on this one. Michael Guravage was
switching providers a while back, so he asked us whether or not to
keep the collector running.

After quite a bit of deliberation, we advised him not to. There are
two main reasons behind that advice: One: Hans and I hardly have time
to keep track of the collector ourselves and it was not very good at
warning us automatically. Two: It made much sense to keep the bugs
as close to the tests as possible, so the contexttest project at
https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contexttest/ is actually a better
place for tracking info.

At that point in time, I should have

   1. warned the contexttest people
   2. turned on the tracking facilities for contexttest
   3. copied what was worth saving from the collector
   4. updated the wiki page
   5. announced the change to the list

Unfortunately, I forgot to do any of those things. :-/

I just took care of items 2. and 4. while typing this in, 1. and 5. are
implied in this mail message, but 3. is unfortunately beyond saving.

Best,
Taco