* texmfstart problem (long time spend somewhere)
@ 2006-12-12 10:37 Denis Pinsard
From: Denis Pinsard @ 2006-12-12 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

For near two years I use ConTeXt under the MiTeX distribution.
Last weekend I installed the last version of ConTeXt (2006-07-21)
available on MikTeX.
Since this installation, the program texmfstart don't work correctly.

After the command : "texmfstart texexec first.tex"
nothing happen for a long time before texexec is actualy executed.

After the command : "texmfstart --verbose texexec first.tex", I can see :

  texmfstart version 2.0.0
  expanding 'texexec' to 'texexec.rb'
  locating 'texexec.rb' in current path '.'
  locating 'texexec.rb' in caller path 'C:/documents/proxima/tmp'

  <LONG TIME (about 1 min)>

  kpse     : direct (forced)
  using 'kpsewhich' to locate 'texexec' in suffix space 'rb' (1)
  registering 'texexec' as 'C:/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/texexec.rb'
  registering 'THREAD' as 'C:/texmf/scripts/context/ruby'
  starting texexec
  using 'system' call: ruby C:/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/texexec.rb
first.tex
  TeXExec | processing document 'first.tex'

  <ETC>

If  I execute "texmfstart.rb" instead of "texmfstart.exe" the behaviour
is the same
but I see that the time is spent in the "KpseRemote::start_client" method.

I have installed on the same computer a stand-alone version of ConTexT and
the behaviour is the same.

The have installed a new version of ruby (version 1.8.4) and the
behaviour is the same.

Any help on this problem is wellcome.
Thank you.
Denis Pinsard (dpinsard1@free.fr)