* Greek Font Problem SOLVED
@ 2004-11-20 14:05 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2004-11-20 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to the very kind and patient efforts of Thomas Schmitz, I no
longer get ugly bitmaps in typesetting Greek but lovely script. I am
posting the solution to the problem in the hope that it might prove
useful to others.

PROBLEM: bitmap display of Greek fonts on typesetting.
These fonts (Teubner, Oxonia, Leipzig, Ibycus, Kadmos, Bosphoros) come
in a package obtained from Thomas.

SOLUTION:

1. remove/trash teTeX folder(s)
2. reinstall teTeX  (TeXLive 2004) using i–Installer
3. re-install ConTeXt updater
	• these first three steps were necessary because my  installation of
	teTeX had become corrupted

4. in Terminal execute
ruby
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/scripts/context/ruby/textools.rb
--fixtexmftrees ~/Library/texmf

5. copy cont-sys.tex
into /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/user/

6. move the file greek.map
into ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/greek.map

7. in Terminal execute
sudo updmap --disable greek.map
and then
sudo updmap --enable Map greek.map

I will happy to send those interested a copy of cont-sys.tex. (Thomas
prepared this file by modifying cont-sys.rme)

Alan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-11-20 14:05 UTC | newest]