* Re: vertical space
       [not found]           ` <4900A96A-AB3D-4558-A074-C5141263175F@post.werksatz.com>
@ 2006-12-14 18:49             ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-12-14 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Is there an equivalent for
>
> \definewhitespacemethod [bigger] {\ctxparskip10pt plus3pt minus3pt}
>
> that must be used in register?

Probably yes, because registers basically treat every line as a
paragraph. I am not the most knowledgeable person about registers,
so I am re-forwarding this to the mailing list. For the benefit of
the list, a short summary of the question is this:

    \setupinterlinespace[stretch=1.5]
    \definewhitespacemethod [bigger] {\ctxparskip10pt plus3pt minus3pt}
    \setupwhitespace[bigger]

creates lots of flexibility in the interline and interparagraph
space, so you can do something like this:

   \definestartstop[kleiner]
   [before={\startcolumns[n=2]
            \setupinterlinespace[stretch=1.5]
            \setupwhitespace [bigger]},
    after={\stopcolumns }]

and that works like a charm in equalizing out the bottom lines
of the columns, for the running text. But with such a definition
somewhere, this still does not work:

    \starttext
    \startkleiner
    \placeregister[index]
    \stopkleiner
    \stoptext

Does anybody know and approach to do that?

Best, Taco

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-12-14 18:49 UTC | newest]