* How can I configure the context in order to use CJK-Ext B chinese characters in context?
@ 2006-12-17  3:22 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2006-12-17  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Dear Hans,

If I want to use CJK-Ext B chinese characters in my Context presentations,
what should I do?

---
Hongyi Zhao
赵弘毅
---

《阙题》
作者:刘脊虚
道由白云尽,春与清溪长。
时有落花至,远随流水香。
闲门向山路,深柳读书堂。
幽映每白日,清辉照衣裳。

* Re: How can I configure the context in order to use CJK-Ext B chinese characters in context?
@ 2006-12-17  3:42 ` fdu.xiaojf
From: fdu.xiaojf @ 2006-12-17  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> If I want to use CJK-Ext B chinese characters in my Context presentations,
> what should I do?
>
> ---
> Hongyi Zhao
> 赵弘毅

As far as I know, ConTeXt can process at least GBK characters without
problem. I'm not sure about CJK-Ext B.

* Re: How can I configure the context in order to use CJK-Ext B chinese characters in context?
@ 2006-12-17 17:04   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-12-17 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

fdu.xiaojf@gmail.com wrote:
> Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
>> Dear Hans,
>>
>> If I want to use CJK-Ext B chinese characters in my Context presentations,
>> what should I do?
>>
>> ---
>> Hongyi Zhao
>> 赵弘毅
>>

> As far as I know, ConTeXt can process at least GBK characters without
> problem. I'm not sure about CJK-Ext B.

if not one can define a conversion; however, some encodings have problems because chars < 127 are used, which will mess up macro handling

which brings me to luatex and chinese ... in luatex we can do input reencoding in more clever ways and since we will move on to luatex (pdftex 2) next year, it makes sense if chinese users start providing input for this (apart from other input when we arrive at the font issues) ..

Hans

* Re: How can I configure the context in order to use CJK-Ext B chinese characters in context?
@ 2006-12-18 11:10     ` fdu.xiaojf
From: fdu.xiaojf @ 2006-12-18 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> if not one can define a conversion; however, some encodings have problems because chars < 127 are used, which will mess up macro handling
>

> which brings me to luatex and chinese ... in luatex we can do input reencoding in more clever ways and since we will move on to luatex (pdftex 2) next year, it makes sense if chinese users start providing input for this (apart from other input when we arrive at the font issues) ..
>
> Hans

 Excuse me, what do you mean by "start providing input for this " ? What
to provide and how to provide ?

 I'm not an expert in TeXing, but I'm willing to help ConTeXt to do
better in processing Chinese.

 Regards,

 xiaojf