From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Subject: Re: staticMPfigure problem with \runMP[TEX]graphicsfalse
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 10:35:57 +0100	[thread overview]

Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> Not sure if the following are new behaviors or are the correct ones but
> I'm just misunderstanding.  The following jjj.tex file doesn't correctly
> generate and include the static metapost figure unless I set
> \runMPgraphicstrue and \runMPTEXgraphicstrue in cont-sys.rme and set
> shell_escape = t.

Personally, I believe this is a bug. Hans always runs with all
three switches true, so he never has any problems, but Mojca and I
also regularly have issues like this. The last of those was the
incorrect scaling of sometxt() in \runmpgraphicsfalse reported
two or three weeks back.

Hans, can you look at this, please? Or, if you don't want to support
\runmpgraphics false any more, document that somewhere.

Best, Taco