* error with metafun
@ 2007-01-04 20:10 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-01-04 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

with the latest ConTeXt on TeX-live 2007 and this input file:

\starttext
\startuseMPgraphic{test}
draw fullcircle scaled 4cm withpen pencircle scaled 1cm ;
setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox fullcircle scaled 4cm ;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{test}
\stoptext

I get the following error in dvi-mode:

This is MetaPost, Version 0.993 (Web2C 7.5.6)
(test-mpgraph.mp [1]
metafun 2007-1-4 11:2
 )
1 output file written: test-mpgraph.1
Transcript written on test-mpgraph.log.
[MP as EPS ./test-mpgraph.1] [MP color conversion ./test-mpgraph.1
! Argument of \dodohandleMPcolor has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
<to be read again>
                   }
\includeMPasEPS ...\the \!!heightb }\doinsertfile
                                                  }\wd \scratchbox \!!widthb...

\loadMPgraphic ...Pgraphics \insertMPfile {#1}{#2}
                                                  \fi }
\handleuseMPgraphic ....\the \currentMPgraphic }{}
                                                  \placeMPgraphic \fi \deall...

\douseMPgraphic ...s [#1][#2]\getvalue {\@@MPG #1}
                                                  {}\elabelgroup
l.6 \useMPgraphic{test}

Could anybody help please?

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: error with metafun
@ 2007-01-04 21:51 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-01-04 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> with the latest ConTeXt on TeX-live 2007 and this input file:

No error here, but my context and metapost are newer and my
pdftex  is older than TL, so that may not mean much.

Best, Taco

* Re: error with metafun
@ 2007-01-04 21:55   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-01-04 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Peter Münster wrote:
> >
> > with the latest ConTeXt on TeX-live 2007 and this input file:
>
> No error here, but my context and metapost are newer and my
> pdftex  is older than TL, so that may not mean much.

Did you use the "--dvi" switch of texexec?
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: error with metafun
@ 2007-01-04 22:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-04 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> Hello,
>
> with the latest ConTeXt on TeX-live 2007 and this input file:
>
> \starttext
> \startuseMPgraphic{test}
> draw fullcircle scaled 4cm withpen pencircle scaled 1cm ;
> setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox fullcircle scaled 4cm ;
> \stopuseMPgraphic
> \useMPgraphic{test}
> \stoptext
>
> I get the following error in dvi-mode:
>
> This is MetaPost, Version 0.993 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> (test-mpgraph.mp [1]
> metafun 2007-1-4 11:2
>  )
> 1 output file written: test-mpgraph.1
> Transcript written on test-mpgraph.log.
> [MP as EPS ./test-mpgraph.1] [MP color conversion ./test-mpgraph.1
> ! Argument of \dodohandleMPcolor has an extra }.
> <inserted text>
>                 \par

works ok here (there has been a problem in mp with empty lines but that was solved; maybe do a purge

Hans

* Re: error with metafun
@ 2007-01-05  9:53     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-01-05  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>>Peter Münster wrote:
>>
>>>with the latest ConTeXt on TeX-live 2007 and this input file:
>>
>>No error here, but my context and metapost are newer and my
>>pdftex  is older than TL, so that may not mean much.
>
> Did you use the "--dvi" switch of texexec?

I didn't, but I did just now, and yes, it is broken.
I get the same error you had, with the latest beta.

Looks like that bit of the ConTeXt code doesn't like the new
procsets in the new metapost version, because with this change:

   \starttext
   \startuseMPgraphic{test}
   mpprocset:=0;
   draw fullcircle scaled 4cm withpen pencircle scaled 1cm ;
   setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox fullcircle scaled 4cm ;
   \stopuseMPgraphic
   \useMPgraphic{test}
   \stoptext

It runs fine.