* Image logo showing up with white background
@ 2007-01-06 13:08 Fidel Viegas
From: Fidel Viegas @ 2007-01-06 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello folks,

I am using an image to embed the logo at the top of the document. The
background of my document is gray, and when I render the document, the logo
shows up with a white background, over the gray background. Something
similar to the \frame command. My logo image was converted from PSD
(Photoshop PSD) to PDF, and I have preserved the tranparent background so
that I could layer it over a background and it picks the background color
instead of the white background.
How do I embed my image in the document so that the background stays the
background color of the document? What am I doing wrong?

\def\FuxionLogo%
  {\externalfigure[FT_LogoV2][height=1.5\headerheight]}

\definelogo
  [fuxion logo] [top] [middle]
  [command=\FuxionLogo,state=start]

\setuppapersize[A4][A4]

\setuppagenumbering
  [location={bottom,middle}]

\setupcolors
  [state=start]

\definehead[title][title]
\setuphead
  [title]
  [textstyle=cap,
   before=\hairline,
   after=\hairline]

\setupinterlinespace
  [big]

\setuplayout
  [width=middle,
   height=middle]

\starttext

\setupbackgrounds
  [page]
  [background=color,
   backgroundcolor=gray]

Another question I have is regarding the positioning of the logo. The logo
is really close to the top. I want it to have a space at the top. How do I
achieve  this?

Thanks in advance,

Fidel.

* Re: Image logo showing up with white background
@ 2007-01-07 16:34 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-01-07 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fidel Viegas wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I am using an image to embed the logo at the top of the document. The
> background of my document is gray, and when I render the document, the logo
> shows up with a white background, over the gray background. Something
> similar to the \frame command. My logo image was converted from PSD
> (Photoshop PSD) to PDF, and I have preserved the tranparent background so
> that I could layer it over a background and it picks the background color
> instead of the white background.

> How do I embed my image in the document so that the background stays the
> background color of the document? What am I doing wrong?

I don't know if what you did is supposed to work or not, but I assume
it is. That leaves the possibility that Adobe's "transparent" is not
properly understood by pdftex.

I normally convert such images to png with alpha, that works fine for
screen and (laser)print. For professional applications, you may run
into trouble with color conversions, but that is true for most pdf(tex)
output that contains any kind of transparency.

Good luck,
Taco