* Using vim's syntax highlighting in (TeX) publicaions (fwd)
@ 2007-01-05  7:52 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-05  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

  I forgot to announce the t-vim module here. So here is a copy of
Mojca's announcement on the vim mailing list.

Aditya

From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 07:53:07 +0100
Subject: using vim's syntax highlighting in (TeX) publications

Hello,

just in case anyone is interested in typesetting publications using
vim's syntax highlighter. This is a new module written in ConTeXt (a
flavour of TeX) that can be used in documents:

      http://modules.contextgarden.net/t-vim

The idea was "stolen" from 2html.vim (which converts any syntax to
html): this one converts any syntax to something "TeX"-friendly;
typesetting itself is done by TeX then.

Mojca

* Re: Using vim's syntax highlighting in (TeX) publicaions (fwd)
@ 2007-01-05 19:57 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-01-05 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> just in case anyone is interested in typesetting publications using
> vim's syntax highlighter. This is a new module written in ConTeXt (a
> flavour of TeX) that can be used in documents:

Hello Aditya and Mojca,

it's great!

It would be nice, to have this in the distribution!

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Using vim's syntax highlighting in (TeX) publicaions (fwd)
@ 2007-01-05 22:34   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-05 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>

>> just in case anyone is interested in typesetting publications using
>> vim's syntax highlighter. This is a new module written in ConTeXt (a
>> flavour of TeX) that can be used in documents:
>>

> Hello Aditya and Mojca,
>
> it's great!
>
> It would be nice, to have this in the distribution!

i taco has validated the archive i can add it to my download script and it will end up in the third party zip

Hans

* Re: Using vim's syntax highlighting in (TeX) publicaions (fwd)
@ 2007-01-06  9:17     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-01-06  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> � wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>

>>> just in case anyone is interested in typesetting publications
>>> using vim's syntax highlighter. This is a new module written in
>>> ConTeXt (a flavour of TeX) that can be used in documents:
>>>

>> Hello Aditya and Mojca,
>>
>> it's great!
>>
>> It would be nice, to have this in the distribution!
>>

> i taco has validated the archive i can add it to my download script
> and it will end up in the third party zip

The included tree looks absolutely fine, but the zip file name is
not quite right:

	t-vim.tar.gz.zip

Best, Taco

* Re: Using vim's syntax highlighting in (TeX) publicaions (fwd)
@ 2007-01-06 13:17       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-06 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> � wrote:

>>> Hello Aditya and Mojca,
>>>
>>> it's great!
>>>
>>> It would be nice, to have this in the distribution!
>>>

>> i taco has validated the archive i can add it to my download script
>> and it will end up in the third party zip
>>

> The included tree looks absolutely fine, but the zip file name is
> not quite right:
>
> 	t-vim.tar.gz.zip

interesting; anyhow, i only fetch zip files (never use tar/gz)

Hans

* Re: Using vim's syntax highlighting in (TeX) publicaions (fwd)
@ 2007-01-06 14:26         ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-01-06 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Patrick Gundlach

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:

> > 	t-vim.tar.gz.zip
> >
> interesting; anyhow, i only fetch zip files (never use tar/gz)

Don't worry: it *is* a zip file, there is just some garbage in the name.

Patrick: perhaps could you please fix the filename?

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Using vim's syntax highlighting in (TeX) publicaions (fwd)
@ 2007-01-06 21:51           ` Aditya Mahajan
       [not found]             ` <6faad9f00701070310x72d577e5p92bc6a5a80df66ac@mail.gmail.com>
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-06 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Patrick Gundlach

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Peter Münster wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > > 	t-vim.tar.gz.zip
> > >
> > interesting; anyhow, i only fetch zip files (never use tar/gz)
>
> Don't worry: it *is* a zip file, there is just some garbage in the name.

Yes. It was my mistake. This was the first time I was uploading a
module to the garden, and when I was asked the "filename" I wrote
t-vim.tar.gz Later I realized that tar.gz is not supported, but I
could only upload zip, and the "filename" was actually the directory
in which the module will be stored.

> Patrick: perhaps could you please fix the filename?

If fixing it is a problem, just delete the whole thing, and I will
re-upload everything correctly.

Aditya

* Bug tracking (was: Re: Using vim's syntax highlighting in (TeX) publicaions (fwd))
       [not found]                   ` <alpine.WNT.0.81.0701092011040.3300@nqvgln>
@ 2007-01-10  8:56                     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-01-10  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> The documentation was incorrect due to a bug in texexec
>
>    texexec --module --mode=color --color tex/context/third/t-vim.pdf
>       --result=doc/context/third/vim/vim-doc.pdf
>
> puts the result in the current directory rather than honoring the
> --result= directive

When someone finds such a thing, can you please also make a tracker
item  for it? When we were still using the collector at the literate
solutions website, I tried to do all of that myself, but it is just
too much work these days.

As a gentle reminder for everybody, here are the urls:

Bugs:
   https://foundry.supelec.fr/tracker/?atid=161&group_id=21

Feature requests:
   https://foundry.supelec.fr/tracker/?atid=164&group_id=21