* texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy
@ 2007-01-13 15:28 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-01-13 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

is it possible to make "texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy" behave the same as
"texexec --mode=xxx,yyy" ?

I need it, because I have a server that automatically generates pdf-files
via "texexec --mode=xxx ..." and the rest of the command-line can be
anything found in the tex-fileheader (for example another --mode=yyy).

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy
@ 2007-01-14 17:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-14 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to make "texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy" behave the same as
> "texexec --mode=xxx,yyy" ?
>
> I need it, because I have a server that automatically generates pdf-files
> via "texexec --mode=xxx ..." and the rest of the command-line can be
> anything found in the tex-fileheader (for example another --mode=yyy).

setupmodes (and therefore the commandline option) does accent comma separated lists

Hans

* Re: texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy
@ 2007-01-15 17:56   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-01-15 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:

> > is it possible to make "texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy" behave the same as
> > "texexec --mode=xxx,yyy" ?
> >
> > I need it, because I have a server that automatically generates pdf-files
> > via "texexec --mode=xxx ..." and the rest of the command-line can be
> > anything found in the tex-fileheader (for example another --mode=yyy).
> >
> setupmodes (and therefore the commandline option) does accent comma
> separated lists

Hello Hans,

the question is, if you could modify texexec to behave the same way, when
used with these 2 command-lines:
1.) texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy file
2.) texexec --mode=xxx,yyy file

Imagine a command (an alias) my-texexec = "texexec --mode=xxx" that is used
for example like this:
my-texexec --mode=yyy file
Then, the mode=xxx gets overwritten...

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy
@ 2007-01-16  7:50     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-16  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>> is it possible to make "texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy" behave the same as
>>> "texexec --mode=xxx,yyy" ?
>>>
>>> I need it, because I have a server that automatically generates pdf-files
>>> via "texexec --mode=xxx ..." and the rest of the command-line can be
>>> anything found in the tex-fileheader (for example another --mode=yyy).
>>>

>> setupmodes (and therefore the commandline option) does accent comma
>> separated lists
>>

> Hello Hans,
>
> the question is, if you could modify texexec to behave the same way, when
> used with these 2 command-lines:
> 1.) texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy file
> 2.) texexec --mode=xxx,yyy file

this will not happen soon since i dislike multiple same-name - options

> Imagine a command (an alias) my-texexec = "texexec --mode=xxx" that is used
> for example like this:
> my-texexec --mode=yyy file
> Then, the mode=xxx gets overwritten...

yeah, that shat i used it for -)

i can add support for modes to the ctx file feature (ctx files control
texexec)

Hans

* Re: texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy
@ 2007-01-16 17:54       ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-01-16 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:

> > the question is, if you could modify texexec to behave the same way, when
> > used with these 2 command-lines:
> > 1.) texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy file
> > 2.) texexec --mode=xxx,yyy file
> >
> this will not happen soon since i dislike multiple same-name - options

All right. I've just seen, that "texexec --modes=xxx --mode=yyy" works as I
want. Can I rely on it for the future?

> > Imagine a command (an alias) my-texexec = "texexec --mode=xxx" that is used
> > for example like this:
> > my-texexec --mode=yyy file
> > Then, the mode=xxx gets overwritten...
> >
> yeah, that shat i used it for -)
>
> i can add support for modes to the ctx file feature (ctx files control
> texexec)

That would be nice too.

Thanks, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy
@ 2007-01-16 20:23         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-16 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>> the question is, if you could modify texexec to behave the same way, when
>>> used with these 2 command-lines:
>>> 1.) texexec --mode=xxx --mode=yyy file
>>> 2.) texexec --mode=xxx,yyy file
>>>

>> this will not happen soon since i dislike multiple same-name - options
>>

> All right. I've just seen, that "texexec --modes=xxx --mode=yyy" works as I
> want. Can I rely on it for the future?

no (not that i change somethign but one never knows what side effects
take place)

Hans