From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Subject: Re: Working with environments and projects
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:57:16 +0100	[thread overview]

Jeff Smith wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to work with environements, projects, products and
> components. I have the following setup, involving juste one component
> at the moment:
>
> The component file is named acoustique.tex:
>
> \startcomponent acoustique
> \product prd_articlesdemo
> \project project_dhfq2
>
> [some text]
>
> \stopcomponent
>
> Then, in the same folder, there's the product file:
>
> \startproduct prd_articlesdemo
> \project project_dhfq2
> \component acoustique
> \stopproduct
>
> Then, in the same folder, there's the project file:
>
> \startproject project_dhfq2
> \environment env_dhfq2
> \product prd_articlesdemo
> \stopproject
>
> Then, in a folder above my working folder, there's the environment file:
>
> \startenvironment env_dhfq2
>
> [too much stuff to paste here]
>
> \stopenvironment
>
> Now when I compile either the component or the product, I get:
>
> TeXExec | no ctx file found
> TeXExec | nothing to process

TeXExec normally say this if there is not any file mentioned
on the command line, or if it cannot find any file based on the
name supplied on that commandline.

Quick recap (but you probably double checked all of this
a number of times by now):

1. your file is called prd_articlesdemo.tex
2. you (as a user) have file permissions to read the file
3. you are in the directory where that file is
4. your command is: "texexec prd_articlesdemo"

That really should do the trick.

I am clueless about what else could be wrong.

Best, Taco