* Keeping section heading with following text?
@ 2007-01-12 17:09 cormullion
From: cormullion @ 2007-01-12 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

The other minor problem I had is that in one place i got a subsection
heading at the bottom of one page and the text that follows it on the
top of the next page. Is there some setting I can make which stops
this happening?

* Re: Keeping section heading with following text?
@ 2007-01-13 16:29 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2007-01-13 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Insert  a \page[bigpreference] before the mentioned subsection command

Willi

@ 2007-01-14 14:00   ` cormullion
From: cormullion @ 2007-01-14 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2007-01-13, at 16:29.0, Willi Egger wrote:

> Insert  a \page[bigpreference] before the mentioned subsection command

thanks Willi, that's useful to know. It would fix a single
occurrence, but wouldn't be applicable to all section and subsection
headings...

Still, it's useful to have a 'layout hammer' for fixing the odd glitch.

* Re: Keeping section heading with following text?
@ 2007-01-16 18:56     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2007-01-16 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2007-01-14 um 15:00 schrieb cormullion@mac.com:

>> Insert  a \page[bigpreference] before the mentioned subsection
>> command
>
> thanks Willi, that's useful to know. It would fix a single
> occurrence, but wouldn't be applicable to all section and subsection
> headings...

try
\setuphead[subsection][before={\page[bigpreference]}]

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

[-- Attachment #1.2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Keeping section heading with following text?
@ 2007-01-16 20:41       ` cormullion
From: cormullion @ 2007-01-16 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2007-01-16, at 18:56.0, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 2007-01-14 um 15:00 schrieb cormullion@mac.com:
>
>>> Insert  a \page[bigpreference] before the mentioned subsection
>>> command
>>
>> thanks Willi, that's useful to know. It would fix a single
>> occurrence, but wouldn't be applicable to all section and subsection
>> headings...
>
> try
> \setuphead[subsection][before={\page[bigpreference]}]

Thanks! This is presumably going to put a page break before every
subsection...?

I don't really want to do that, of course - it would increase the
page count significantly. I just want each heading to be kept with
the first few lines of the following paragraph. I use a 'keep with
next' setting in DTP and WP, but that doesn't seem to be a feature of
ConTeXt.

* Re: Keeping section heading with following text?
@ 2007-01-17 16:34         ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2007-01-17 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

The bigpreference will not insert a pagebreak unless the added penalty
makes tex to insert a pagebreak!

Willi

@ 2007-01-18 18:18           ` cormullion
From: cormullion @ 2007-01-18 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2007-01-17, at 16:34.0, Willi Egger wrote:

> The bigpreference will not insert a pagebreak unless the added penalty
> makes tex to insert a pagebreak!

You're right - I've been misreading the manual:

"when possible, force page break"

I read that as being "force a page break if you can" - which would be
all the time, probably... But it doesn't mean that... :-)

thanks again