* Imposition struggles
@ 2007-01-20 18:10 Willi Egger
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Willi Egger @ 2007-01-20 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Help!

I need to get a book on paper...

Using: ConTeXt  ver: 2007.01.18 12:57 MKII  fmt: 2007.1.19  int:
english/english

Problem:

By means of veroffset and horoffset the arranged pages should be placed
in the center of the sheet.
However, depending on the number of pages, the last sheets get typeset
wronlgy (shifted unexpectedly to the left).

Please try the attached sample file.

Willi

[-- Attachment #2: imposition-test.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2769 bytes --]

% TEST imposition
% Problems:
%   option "cutspace" in \setuplayout is not honored
%   option ver/horoffset do unexpected shifts of the pages on the sheet
%
%   By means of ver/horoffset the pages should be put centered on the sheet, in order
%   to be able to fold and cut the sheets.
% Context file
% filename: imposition-test.tex
% Willi Egger
% 20-01-2007

\mainlanguage[nl]
\usetypescript[palatino][texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[palatino, rm, 11pt]

% Data for the setup of the layout
% Relation between height and width of the PAGE 3 : 2
% Kanon 12
% Paper height (A - D) 200 mm
% Paper length (A - B) 267 mm
% Inner margin 11 mm
% Top margin 17 mm
% Outer margin 22 mm
% Lower margin 33 mm
% Height typesetting area 150 mm
% Width typesetting area 100 mm

\definepapersize[Test][height=200mm, width=137.5mm] %incl. 4 mm bindingcorection
\setuppapersize[Test][A4,landscape]

\setuplayout
    [%
%     cutspace=5mm,
    veroffset=5mm,
    horoffset=-11mm,
    topspace=17mm,
    backspace=15mm, %incl. 4 mm bindingcorrection
    leftmargin=10mm,
    margindistance=1mm,
    width=100mm,
    header=0pt,
    headerdistance=0pt,
    footer=1.5\bodyfontsize,
    footerdistance= 3\bodyfontsize,
    height=167mm,
    marking=on]

\setuppagenumbering[location={footer,right},alternative=doublesided]

\setuparranging[2*2*4]

\setupitemgroup[itemize]
    [1]
    [symbol=2,
    before={\blank[small]},
    inbetween={\blank[small]},
    after={\blank[small]}]

\starttext
 %   \dorecurse {30}{% This works as expected!
    \dorecurse {35}{%
        \subject{A text by Ward}
                \input ward
        \subject{A text by Louis Couperus}
        Overglanzende mooi was Emeralda, schitterend schoon als geen vrouw
in het rijk, geen prinses in andere rijken. Zij was heel groot en
vorstelijk van gestalte; zij liep heel recht en fier en trotsch;
zij wàs heel trotsch, want na den dood van den koning zoû zij
heerschen op den troon van het Rijk van het Verleden.  IJverzuchtig
op al de macht, die haar deel zoû zijn, wees zij af alle de
prinsen, die dongen om hare hand. Zij sprak nooit anders dan om te
bevelen, en alleen voor haar vader boog zij het hoofd. Zij droeg
altijd zwaar brokaat, zilver- of goud-, en bezaaid met gesteente,
en lange mantels van ruischend sindaal met breed hermelijn
omzoomd; een diadeem van de eêlste juweelen flonkerde steeds in
haar rossiggoud haar, en ook haar oogen waren juweel: twee
prachtige groene smaragden, waarin een zwarte karbonkel was de
pupil; en men fluisterde geheimzinnig, dat haar hart was geslepen
uit én enkelen reuzerobijn \unknown
\startitemize
    \item First item
    \item Second item
    \item Third item
\stopitemize}
\stoptext

* Re: Imposition struggles
@ 2007-01-21 13:45 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-01-21 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi,

Willi Egger wrote:
> Help!
>
> I need to get a book on paper...
>
> Using: ConTeXt  ver: 2007.01.18 12:57 MKII  fmt: 2007.1.19  int:
> english/english
>
> Problem:
>
> By means of veroffset and horoffset the arranged pages should be placed
> in the center of the sheet.
> However, depending on the number of pages, the last sheets get typeset
> wronlgy (shifted unexpectedly to the left).
>

> Please try the attached sample file.

same here. from (real) page number 17 'til the end i get a mess of
shifted one sided or empty pages. there is a jump in the page number
from 25 to 33, as if there is something missing.

Peter

> Willi

* Re: Imposition struggles
@ 2007-01-21 14:17 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-01-21 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:
> Help!
>
> I need to get a book on paper...
>
> Using: ConTeXt  ver: 2007.01.18 12:57 MKII  fmt: 2007.1.19  int:
> english/english
>
> Problem:
>
> By means of veroffset and horoffset the arranged pages should be placed
> in the center of the sheet.
> However, depending on the number of pages, the last sheets get typeset
> wronlgy (shifted unexpectedly to the left).
>

> Please try the attached sample file.

It looks like it gives up after two folds (katernen), but I do not know
why (normally I refer people to you for problems with arranging stuff).

Taco

* Re: Imposition struggles
@ 2007-01-21 14:42 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-01-21 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:
> Help!

Looks like it is caused by the auto-inserted empty pages.
This looks ok to me:

  \dorecurse {35}{%
   .. as before
  }
  \page \setuppagenumbering[location=]
  \dorecurse {13}{~\page}%
  \stoptext

* Re: Imposition struggles
@ 2007-01-21 18:13   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2007-01-21 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> Help!
>>
>> I need to get a book on paper...
>>
>> Using: ConTeXt  ver: 2007.01.18 12:57 MKII  fmt: 2007.1.19  int:
>> english/english
>>
>> Problem:
>>
>> By means of veroffset and horoffset the arranged pages should be placed
>> in the center of the sheet.
>> However, depending on the number of pages, the last sheets get typeset
>> wronlgy (shifted unexpectedly to the left).
>>

>> Please try the attached sample file.
>>

> It looks like it gives up after two folds (katernen), but I do not know
> why (normally I refer people to you for problems with arranging stuff).

That is fine sofar. Anyway this problem is not solvable with my
knowledge  :-(
Unfotunately the problem might be more complicated. If I compile the
whole text as given in the example (Psyche by L. Couperus) then the mess
is even more
complicated.
I am using linotype palatino in this case: booklet 1 is shifted to the
right approx. the veroffset (?!), booklet 2 is correctly placed, booklet
3 is again shifted as 1., booklets 4 upto 11 are placed correctly.

If I change the font to the palatino included in TeX: booklet 1,4 upto
11 are placed correctly, booklets 2,3,8 are shifted to the right approx.
the amount of veroffset.

If you want to test I am prepared to send you the whole.

Kind regards

Willi

* Re: Imposition struggles
@ 2007-01-21 18:14   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2007-01-21 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> Help!
>>

> Looks like it is caused by the auto-inserted empty pages.
> This looks ok to me:
>
>   \dorecurse {35}{%
>    .. as before
>   }
>   \page \setuppagenumbering[location=]
>   \dorecurse {13}{~\page}%
>   \stoptext

You are right, the number of pages can be divided by 8, so no problem.
If you change the second loop to run 15 times it is again present

Willi