* stopping texexec
@ 2007-01-25 10:38 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2007-01-25 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

I have a fairly hefty tex run, with many intervening metapost figures
being made.
Running "texmfstart texexec main-file" from a unix shell.
When an error occurs, e.g. in the metapost processing, one gives an X
to quit that part of tex-processing.
However the process goes on and on, because of the many successive
invocations.
Control-C does not help.
Is there a way to stop the texexec processing from running? (other
than opening another shell, finding the pid of the main process and
killing that).

Hans van der Meer

* Re: stopping texexec
@ 2007-01-25 11:05 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-01-25 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:
> I have a fairly hefty tex run, with many intervening metapost figures
> being made.
> Running "texmfstart texexec main-file" from a unix shell.
> When an error occurs, e.g. in the metapost processing, one gives an X to
> quit that part of tex-processing.
> However the process goes on and on, because of the many successive
> invocations.
> Control-C does not help.

I usually use Control-\

I do not think TeX's exit code distinguishes between your pressing X
and aborting the run, or just pressing Enter and continuing the run,

Best, Taco

* Re: stopping texexec
@ 2007-01-26 12:05   ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2007-01-26 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 25, 2007, at 12:05, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans van der Meer wrote:
>> I have a fairly hefty tex run, with many intervening metapost figures
>> being made.
>> Running "texmfstart texexec main-file" from a unix shell.
>> When an error occurs, e.g. in the metapost processing, one gives
>> an X to
>> quit that part of tex-processing.
>> However the process goes on and on, because of the many successive
>> invocations.
>> Control-C does not help.
>
> I usually use Control-\
>
> I do not think TeX's exit code distinguishes between your pressing X
> and aborting the run, or just pressing Enter and continuing the run,
>
> Best, Taco

Thanks, that does the trick. Not always the first time, but
definitely much better than Control-C's and X's.

met vriendelijke groet
Hans van der Meer