* Re: Newbie question: math font and bibliography
       [not found] <mailman.664.1171104649.17432.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-02-12  6:15 ` Zulkifli Hidayat
From: Zulkifli Hidayat @ 2007-02-12  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 08:55:57 +0100
>> From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
>> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Newbie question: math font and bibliography
>>
>> Zulkifli Hidayat wrote:
>>> For bibliography, I don't have any idea how to cite a bibliography item
>>> in
>>> the list of publications. I found the wiki is not clear enough for real
> newbie like me.
>>
>> The easiest way to explain this is to point you to the manual of the
> bibliography module. It is on the modules section of the wiki:
>>
>> http://dl.contextgarden.net/modules/t-bib/doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf
>>
>> But it should also be on your harddisk already, in:
>>
>> <context-texmf-local-tree>/doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf
>>
>> If you can't figure out what to do from the manual, you will need to
> give a bit more information on what precisely is unclear (I know it is
> probably hard that to expres that clearly, but ...)
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Taco
>>

> Dear Taco,
> I'm sorry if made myself not clear and for the noise about the upright and
> italic bold math. I found that it works.
>
> I have reread the bibliography manual, I think it should be clear enough
> for me to do some experiments. But there's one thing makes me confuse, how
> to cite the publications. From all of the publication fields, which one
> should I use in \cite[1(opt)][2(reference)]? The first bracket is
> optional, how about the second one?
>
> One more thing, for the test file above, I can't get uppercase greeks
> appear right and their bold version as well. I tried it in context live.
> Is there any suggestion for this?
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards,
>
> Zulkifli

I use the 12.01.2003 version and then the font appears as expected.
I apologize for my dumb questions.

Best,

Zulkifli

* Re: Newbie question: math font and bibliography
@ 2007-02-12  7:19   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-02-12  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zulkifli Hidayat wrote:

>>Dear Taco,
>>I'm sorry if made myself not clear and for the noise about the upright and
>>italic bold math. I found that it works.
>>
>>I have reread the bibliography manual, I think it should be clear enough
>>for me to do some experiments. But there's one thing makes me confuse, how
>>to cite the publications. From all of the publication fields, which one
>>should I use in \cite[1(opt)][2(reference)]? The first bracket is
>>optional, how about the second one?

The simplest solution is to decide on a global style

   \setuppublications[alternative=apa] % this is actually the default

other possible values are aps, ams, num, and ssa.

Then you can just use \cite[key] and the style will decide what field
to pick.

> I apologize for my dumb questions.

There is definately no need to apologise.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Newbie question: math font and bibliography
@ 2007-02-14  8:55   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-02-14  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zulkifli Hidayat wrote:

> Furthermore, could you give pointers to style alternatives documentation
> or links?

None that I know of exist, but it is harmless to try them, so you
could just do a few runs with various style settings.

Best, taco

* Re: Newbie question: math font and bibliography
       [not found] <mailman.1.1171278001.17978.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-02-14  5:59 ` Zulkifli Hidayat
From: Zulkifli Hidayat @ 2007-02-14  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:19:38 +0100
> From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Newbie question: math font and bibliography
>
> Zulkifli Hidayat wrote:
>>>>

>>>Dear Taco,
>>>I'm sorry if made myself not clear and for the noise about the upright
>>> and
>>>italic bold math. I found that it works.
>>>
>>>I have reread the bibliography manual, I think it should be clear enough
>>>for me to do some experiments. But there's one thing makes me confuse,
>>> how
>>>to cite the publications. From all of the publication fields, which one
>>>should I use in \cite[1(opt)][2(reference)]? The first bracket is
>>>optional, how about the second one?
>
> The simplest solution is to decide on a global style
>
>    \setuppublications[alternative=apa] % this is actually the default
>
> other possible values are aps, ams, num, and ssa.
>
> Then you can just use \cite[key] and the style will decide what field
> to pick.
>
>> I apologize for my dumb questions.
>
> There is definately no need to apologise.
>
> Cheers, Taco

Thank you. From your simples example, I think I should read the manual
more carefully and do some experiments.

Furthermore, could you give pointers to style alternatives documentation
or links?

Yours,

Zulkifli

* Re: Newbie question: math font and bibliography
       [not found] <mailman.1.1171018801.24970.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-02-10  9:43 ` Zulkifli Hidayat
From: Zulkifli Hidayat @ 2007-02-10  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

ntg-context@ntg.nl

> Dear all,
>
> I'm a newbie, just recently try to use context. As I read the wiki, I
think that Context is great to typeset documents. Now I'm trying to make
> document with some maths in it and I also need bold math symbols. I try
the steps written in MyWay Magazine: Normal and Bold Math Combination by
Hans Hagen and I find that bold math in inline equation is bold upright
but in formula it is bold italics. Furthermore, I can't type a bold
greek
> symbol in an inline equation. A file test is below. I also tried in
Contextlive and got the same result. I use the 23.01.2007 context
version.

@ 2007-02-09  7:55 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-02-09  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2007-02-09  2:09 Zulkifli Hidayat
From: Zulkifli Hidayat @ 2007-02-09  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

I'm a newbie, just recently try to use context. As I read the wiki, I
think that Context is great to typeset documents. Now I'm trying to make a