* Some questions about context
@ 2007-03-05 12:43 Xan
From: Xan @ 2007-03-05 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I'm new user of context. I gone from latex, which I use in the last 5
years intensively

I read your wiki but I don't find some answers to my wishes. Basically I
want to know what are the equivalent of latex commands/packages in
context. Can you help me in thay?. Thanks in advance.... so let's go:

1) The first question is about landscape mode and xdvi. In latex, if we
want landscape, we put:

\documentclass[a4paper,10ptt,landscape]{article}

but when we see .dvi in xdvi, xdvi does not detects automatically that
it's in landscape mode.

For that, we have to put:

\usepackage[dvips,...]{geometry}

now the xdvi show .dvi in landscape mode

The question is, how we get the same in context?. If we put:

\setuppapersize[A4,landscape][A4,landscape]

the xdvi program does not detect that .dvi is in landscape mode. Is
there an equivalent command of geometry that allow that?

2) In latex there is the fancyhdr package that allows to put lines at
bottom and at top of the page and put right and left headings and
footers like: \rhead{Hello} ....

What is the equivalent in context?

3) Is there an equivalent to the package lastpage in context? So can we
put [number of page]/[total number of pages] at the bottom of the page?

4) How can we create new counters in context? Like latex
\newcounter{mycount}

5) In mathematics, in context there are three modules: "nath", "amsl",
"new math", according to http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Math

What are these features and limitations? What is the "best"?

6) Is there an equivalent module of xyfig?

7) Is there an equivalence of amssymbols?. How can I display for example
$x \leadsto \int_a^b \arcsin (x+\cos \alhpa)$?

8) How can we do a "minipage" in context?

9) Can you tell me some link about babel and hipernation?

Thank you very much,
Xan.

[parent not found: <mailman.0.1173178801.22858.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
[parent not found: <mailman.3024.1173519750.17432.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]