* caption for code listings
@ 2007-03-11 14:55 Steffen Fritzsche
From: Steffen Fritzsche @ 2007-03-11 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hi,

I'm currently writing my diploma thesis with context. I already read the
wiki and searched the manuals but I didn't find something like a common
practice for defining new caption types.

My problem: I have a lot of code listings and I want to define a custom
caption type (named listing) and aggregate them into a own register. I
already set up a new register with

\defineregister [listing][Listing]

and it is also possible to place listings in this register with

\placelisting{
	\startJV
	\stopJV
}

but how can I add a custom caption to this listing? I'm thinking of
something like \placefigure. Or perhaps I must just setup placelisting.
Any Idea? Thanks in advance!

Steffen

* Re: caption for code listings
@ 2007-03-12 10:42 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-03-12 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/3/11, Steffen Fritzsche <fritzsche@scriptroom.de>:

> hi,
>
> I'm currently writing my diploma thesis with context. I already read the
> wiki and searched the manuals but I didn't find something like a common
> practice for defining new caption types.
>
> My problem: I have a lot of code listings and I want to define a custom
> caption type (named listing) and aggregate them into a own register. I
> already set up a new register with
>
> \defineregister [listing][Listing]
>
> and it is also possible to place listings in this register with
>
> \placelisting{
>        \startJV
>        \stopJV
> }
>
> but how can I add a custom caption to this listing? I'm thinking of
> something like \placefigure. Or perhaps I must just setup placelisting.
> Any Idea? Thanks in advance!
>
> Steffen

Hi Steffen,

\definefloat[listing][listings]

\starttext

\placelistoflistings
%\completelistoflistings

\placelistings
  {text}
  {\startJV
   \stopJV}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: caption for code listings
@ 2007-03-12 11:22   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-03-12 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/3/12, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:

> 2007/3/11, Steffen Fritzsche <fritzsche@scriptroom.de>:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > I'm currently writing my diploma thesis with context. I already read the
> > wiki and searched the manuals but I didn't find something like a common
> > practice for defining new caption types.
> >
> > My problem: I have a lot of code listings and I want to define a custom
> > caption type (named listing) and aggregate them into a own register. I
> > already set up a new register with
> >
> > \defineregister [listing][Listing]
> >
> > and it is also possible to place listings in this register with
> >
> > \placelisting{
> >        \startJV
> >        \stopJV
> > }
> >
> > but how can I add a custom caption to this listing? I'm thinking of
> > something like \placefigure. Or perhaps I must just setup placelisting.
> > Any Idea? Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Steffen
>

> Hi Steffen,
>
> \definefloat[listing][listings]

you can change the caption text with the following command

\setuplabeltext[listing=captiontext ]      % works for all languages
\setuplabeltext[de][listing=captiontext ] % works only the german caption

>  \starttext
>
> \placelistoflistings
> %\completelistoflistings
>
> \placelistings
>   {text}
>   {\startJV
>    \stopJV}

this should be

\placelisting
  {text}
   \bgroup
   \startJV
   \stopJV
   \egroup

>  \stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: caption for code listings
@ 2007-03-12 12:14     ` Steffen Fritzsche
From: Steffen Fritzsche @ 2007-03-12 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> \definefloat[listing][listings]
>>

> you can change the caption text with the following command
>
> \setuplabeltext[listing=captiontext ]      % works for all languages
> \setuplabeltext[de][listing=captiontext ] % works only the german caption
>
> \placelisting
>  {text}
>   \bgroup
>   \startJV
>   \stopJV
>   \egroup

that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the quick answer.

Steffen

* caption for code listings
@ 2007-03-12  7:00 Steffen Fritzsche