* \chemical{} + \title{}
@ 2007-03-20  9:59 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2007-03-20  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to typeset a chemical compound in a \chapter. However, when I
try so, all elements are shown in italics.

Example:
-------------------
\usemodule[chemic]
\title{Chemical \chemical{La_{1-x}Ca_xCoO_3}}
Chemical \chemical{La_{1-x}Ca_xCoO_3}
\end
-------------------

Any ideas? (In principle, the "x" in the subscripts should be italic,
but I can use \it for this; as long as titles and non-titles are treated
alike, I'm happy.)

Tobias

* Re: \chemical{} + \title{}
@ 2007-03-20 15:28 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2007-03-20 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/20/07, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to typeset a chemical compound in a \chapter. However, when I
> try so, all elements are shown in italics.
>
> Example:
> -------------------
> \usemodule[chemic]
> \title{Chemical \chemical{La_{1-x}Ca_xCoO_3}}
> Chemical \chemical{La_{1-x}Ca_xCoO_3}
> \end
> -------------------
>
> Any ideas? (In principle, the "x" in the subscripts should be italic,
> but I can use \it for this; as long as titles and non-titles are treated
> alike, I'm happy.)

You can check the ideas on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chemistry.

reference: http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060628.174414.91c8b353.en.html

Mojca

* Re: \chemical{} + \title{}
@ 2007-03-20 17:00   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2007-03-20 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 3/20/07, Tobias Burnus wrote:
>
>> I'd like to typeset a chemical compound in a \chapter. However, when I
>> try so, all elements are shown in italics.
>>
>> Example:
>> -------------------
>> \usemodule[chemic]
>> \title{Chemical \chemical{La_{1-x}Ca_xCoO_3}}
>> Chemical \chemical{La_{1-x}Ca_xCoO_3}
>> \end
>> -------------------
>>
> You can check the ideas on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chemistry.
> reference: http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060628.174414.91c8b353.en.html

This is indeed a possibility. But I still regard it as bug that PPCHTeX
uses italic in the title. (The title itself is *not* italic, I'm also
not asking that the font/style should follow the surrounding text,
though a \setupchemical option which toggles this would be great.)

(Using \molecule as defined in the wiki is an alternative; your problem
was different as you wanted the symbol to follow the style of the
surrounding text. This would work as well here, but is actually the
solution for a different problem.)

Tobias,
who will now use \molecule{}.