* figure bases (2nd)
@ 2007-03-20 19:00 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-03-20 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

i'm tired of fixing \dogetfigurefilename in every new version. i have
already shown that there is something wrong with it in my mail from
17.01.2007

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070117.153030.344c6989.en.html

i don't say, that i understand the complex code for figure inclusion,
but it is obvious that the following code is at least questionable.

(taken from x-fig-00.tex and x-res-04.tex)

\def\dogetfigurefilename#1%
  {\ifx\figurefilename\empty
     \bgroup
     \xdef\figurefilebasepath{#1}%
     \assignfullfilename{#1}\figurefilebase\to\filename
     \expanded{\processXMLfilegrouped{\filename.xml}}%
     \ifx\figurefilename\empty\else
%	^^^^^^
%	is already tested in the prior \ifx test; if it's not changed
%       in the meantime...(\filename?)
%
       \globallet\figurefilebase\figurefilebase
%                               ^^^^^^
%		  does *nothing* (\filename works for me)

     \fi
     \egroup
   \fi}

i have worked with a patched version for the last two month and had no
(more) problems with figure inclusion. without it the pdf figure base is
not found, although the corresponding xml file (which is found) is in
the same directory. any comments are welcome.

greetings, peter

* Re: figure bases (2nd)
@ 2007-03-22 17:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-03-22 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm tired of fixing \dogetfigurefilename in every new version. i have
> already shown that there is something wrong with it in my mail from
> 17.01.2007
>
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070117.153030.344c6989.en.html
>
> i don't say, that i understand the complex code for figure inclusion,
> but it is obvious that the following code is at least questionable.
>
> (taken from x-fig-00.tex and x-res-04.tex)
>
> \def\dogetfigurefilename#1%
>   {\ifx\figurefilename\empty
>      \bgroup
>      \xdef\figurefilebasepath{#1}%
>      \assignfullfilename{#1}\figurefilebase\to\filename
>      \expanded{\processXMLfilegrouped{\filename.xml}}%
>      \ifx\figurefilename\empty\else
> %	^^^^^^
> %	is already tested in the prior \ifx test; if it's not changed
> %       in the meantime...(\filename?)

indeed it can be changed  when filename.xml has the right info
> %
>        \globallet\figurefilebase\figurefilebase
> %                               ^^^^^^
> %		  does *nothing* (\filename works for me)

you mean

\globallet\figurefilebase\filename ?

>      \fi
>      \egroup
>    \fi}
>
> i have worked with a patched version for the last two month and had no
> (more) problems with figure inclusion. without it the pdf figure base is
> not found, although the corresponding xml file (which is found) is in
> the same directory. any comments are welcome.
>
> greetings, peter

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: figure bases (2nd)
@ 2007-03-22 18:07   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-03-22 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i'm tired of fixing \dogetfigurefilename in every new version. i have
>> already shown that there is something wrong with it in my mail from
>> 17.01.2007
>>
>> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070117.153030.344c6989.en.html
>>
>> i don't say, that i understand the complex code for figure inclusion,
>> but it is obvious that the following code is at least questionable.
>>
>> (taken from x-fig-00.tex and x-res-04.tex)
>>
>> \def\dogetfigurefilename#1%
>>   {\ifx\figurefilename\empty
>>      \bgroup
>>      \xdef\figurefilebasepath{#1}%
>>      \assignfullfilename{#1}\figurefilebase\to\filename
>>      \expanded{\processXMLfilegrouped{\filename.xml}}%
>>      \ifx\figurefilename\empty\else
>> %	^^^^^^
>> %	is already tested in the prior \ifx test; if it's not changed
>> %       in the meantime...(\filename?)
>>
> indeed it can be changed  when filename.xml has the right info

this one can be ok (sorry, had no time to look into
\processXMLfilegrouped). :(

also i haven't changed this part in my patch, so ..

>> %
>>        \globallet\figurefilebase\figurefilebase
>> %		  does *nothing* (\filename works for me)
>>
> you mean
>
> \globallet\figurefilebase\filename ?

yes

i use \setupexternalfigure to set the path to my figure bases (xml and
pdf in the same dir './flib'). with \filename it works, without it the
pdf file is not found (\traceexternalfigurestrue).