* gray scale conversion of colored text
@ 2007-03-26 15:08 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-03-26 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I currently have a problem with the conversion of some mp graphics into
gray scale. The mp graphics themself look great, but *text is always
converted to black*, regardless of its real color. Is there a way to fix
this?

Peter

* Re: gray scale conversion of colored text
@ 2007-03-26 15:28 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-03-26 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have a problem with the conversion of some mp graphics into
> gray scale. The mp graphics themself look great, but *text is always
> converted to black*, regardless of its real color. Is there a way to fix
> this?

Sorry, I made a mistake. The text that is used inside MP has the correct
gray value. Only the ConTeXt part always uses black as textcolor.

So my problem is, that want to use colored text in a non colored document.

Something like

\setupcolors[conversion=always]

\starttext

\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{An example text.}%
\bgroup\graycolor[cyan]\copy\scratchbox\egroup
\startcolor[green]\copy\scratchbox\stopcolor
\box\scratchbox

\stoptext

This always gives me black text, as color is not activated. How do I get
the correct gray scale values for the text?

@ 2007-03-27  7:50   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-03-27  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:

> Something like
>
> \setupcolors[conversion=always]

Is there is a reason why you can not use
   \setupcolors[state=start]
as well?

That works fine in combination with conversion, and
you will end up with greyscale color.

Best,
Taco

* Re: gray scale conversion of colored text
@ 2007-03-27 10:07     ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-03-27 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Something like
>>
>> \setupcolors[conversion=always]
>
> Is there is a reason why you can not use
>    \setupcolors[state=start]
> as well?

Mh, you mean beside from my too little brain? No. ;)

This works with the simple example, but sadly not with my more complex
graphics. Looks like I have to make a better minimal example. Thanks for
the hint.

Greetings, Peter