* TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-27 11:28 Patrick Gundlach
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-03-27 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi (esp. Willi),

I've uploaded the version 0.2 of my TextMate bundle. See
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Bundle_for_TextMate and
http://dl.contextgarden.net/support/

Direct download:

http://dl.contextgarden.net/support/context-tmbundle.dmg

Feedback welcome!

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-27 13:30 ` Steffen Wolfrum
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2007-03-27 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick,

very nice, thank you! Just some questions that came to my head:

1) The snipped feature uses the tab key for triggering *further* information, right?

(If I remember correctly) I knew a similar feature (was it in AlphaX/Tk?) where the tab helped me to *complete* the command.
For example: \cha + tab gave \chapter
or when not clear like: \sub + tab gave a range with all commands starting with \sub... to choose.

In textmate triggering the snipped with tab just works when typed the entire \chapter, right?
There is no-one helping me typing when I get lazy?

2) You assigned F9 to texexec and so on.
When, for some rare reason, I need to change the texexec a bit (with additional options or such), where to do so?

3) Probably a similar (stupid) question:
You wrote "the variable PDF_VIEWER, the default is 'Preview'. You can try anything that you can use as an argument for 'open'..."
Well, where do I find this in order to have a try?

Steffen

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-27 14:26   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-03-27 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Steffen,

> 1) The snipped feature uses the tab key for triggering *further*
> information, right?

right.

> (If I remember correctly) I knew a similar feature (was it in AlphaX/Tk?) where the tab helped me to *complete* the command.
> For example: \cha + tab gave \chapter
> or when not clear like: \sub + tab gave a range with all commands
> starting with \sub... to choose.

Enter \sub and press the escape key (several times). Then you can use
the tab key for further information.

> In textmate triggering the snipped with tab just works when typed
> the entire \chapter, right?

right.

> There is no-one helping me typing when I get lazy?

If you are too lazy to hit the escape key, then yes :)

> 2) You assigned F9 to texexec and so on.

(btw: I'll probably change that to cmd-R for the sake of compatibility
to existing textmate standards)

> When, for some rare reason, I need to change the texexec a bit (with
> additional options or such), where to do so?

find the 'texexec' command in the bundle editor: Bundles ->
Bundle-Editor -> Edit Commands. (In the ConTeXt bundle of course.)

If you think that your changes are useful for other users, please
share them!

The internals will change in the future.

> 3) Probably a similar (stupid) question:
> You wrote "the variable PDF_VIEWER, the default is 'Preview'. You can try anything that you can use as an argument for 'open'..."
> Well, where do I find this in order to have a try?

See http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/environment_variables 9.4
(at the very end). Does this information already help you?

Patrick
--

@ 2007-03-27 14:54     ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2007-03-27 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick,

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:26:10 +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Enter \sub and press the escape key (several times). Then you can use
> the tab key for further information.

Ahh! The escape-key!!
On my machine (up to now) this was already assigned to "enter snippet" for Butler (by petermaurer.de).
BTW: Highly recommendable this little Mac-application!

>> 2) You assigned F9 to texexec and so on.
>
> (btw: I'll probably change that to cmd-R for the sake of compatibility
> to existing textmate standards)
>
>> When, for some rare reason, I need to change the texexec a bit (with
>> additional options or such), where to do so?
>
> find the 'texexec' command in the bundle editor: Bundles ->
> Bundle-Editor -> Edit Commands. (In the ConTeXt bundle of course.)
>
> If you think that your changes are useful for other users, please
> share them!
>
> The internals will change in the future.

OK.

>> 3) Probably a similar (stupid) question:
>> You wrote "the variable PDF_VIEWER, the default is 'Preview'. You
>> can try anything that you can use as an argument for 'open'..."
>> Well, where do I find this in order to have a try?
>
> See http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/environment_variables 9.4
> (at the very end). Does this information already help you?

Well, does it mean that I have to define a project-variable (tmproj) for each project in order to overwrite the default?
Inside of ConTeXt.tmbundle I couldn't find a *.tmproj file ...

Steffen

* Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-27 15:54 ` Johannes Kuester
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Johannes Kuester @ 2007-03-27 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I'm trying to typeset a rather simple list or table where each line
should keep the overall grid of my page design.
For this I tried "tabulate", "table", and "TABLE", but all failed.

What I need is the following:
4 columns, each with a fixed width.
One of the columns may contain a paragraph (i.e. more than one line), like:

   Axxx  yyyy  first entry with  zzz
               more text
   Bxxx  yyyy  next entry        zzz

The line starting with "B" does not keep the grid -- at least in most
cases; I couldn't trace down when and why this fails.

(The specific environment is not important (whether tabulate, table,
TABLE, or some other solution), as all entries are supplied by a macro
which I could adapt easily).

Johannes

--
Johannes Kuester
typoma

mailto:jk@typoma.com
http://www.typoma.com

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-27 16:46   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-03-27 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/27/07, Johannes Kuester <jk@typoma.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to typeset a rather simple list or table where each line
> should keep the overall grid of my page design.
> For this I tried "tabulate", "table", and "TABLE", but all failed.
>
> What I need is the following:
> 4 columns, each with a fixed width.
> One of the columns may contain a paragraph (i.e. more than one line), like:
>
>    Axxx  yyyy  first entry with  zzz
>                more text
>    Bxxx  yyyy  next entry        zzz
>
> The line starting with "B" does not keep the grid -- at least in most
> cases; I couldn't trace down when and why this fails.
>
> (The specific environment is not important (whether tabulate, table,
> TABLE, or some other solution), as all entries are supplied by a macro
> which I could adapt easily).
If I understand well (but a your example should be better)
you can try to put something like this
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\CellWidth=0.2\textwidth %% or whatever is good
\CellHeightOne=3em  %% or whatever is good
\CellHeightTwo=2\CellHeightOne
\CellHeightThree=3\CellHeightOne
\CellHeightFour=4\CellHeightOne
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\setbox100=\vbox{\hsize=\CellWidth%
%put your material here}
Now \box100 has the natural height of you material
\ifdim\ht100<\CellHeightOne
\setbox100=\vbox to \CellHeightOne{\hsize=\CellWidth%
%put your material here}\else
\ifdim\ht100<\CellHeightTwo
\setbox100=\vbox to \CellHeightTwo{\hsize=\CellWidth%
%put your material here}\else
\ifdim\ht100<\CellHeightThree
\setbox100=\vbox to \CellHeightThree{\hsize=\CellWidth%
%put your material here}\else
\ifdim\ht100<\CellHeightFour
\setbox100=\vbox to \CellHeightFour{\hsize=\CellWidth%
%put your material here}\fi\fi\fi\fi
%%%
%%Now use your macro \SetCellContent to set cell content with \box100
as argument
\setCellContent{\box100}

luigi

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-27 17:22       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-03-27 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Steffen,

> Ahh! The escape-key!!
> On my machine (up to now) this was already assigned to "enter
> snippet" for Butler (by petermaurer.de).

You can easily change the key to something else in the bundle editor.

>>> You wrote "the variable PDF_VIEWER, the default is 'Preview'. You
>>> can try anything that you can use as an argument for 'open'..."
>>> Well, where do I find this in order to have a try?
>>
>> See http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/environment_variables 9.4
>> (at the very end). Does this information already help you?
>

> Well, does it mean that I have to define a project-variable (tmproj) for each project in order to overwrite the default?
> Inside of ConTeXt.tmbundle I couldn't find a *.tmproj file ...

the mentioning of 'tmproj' is a bit confusing, just ignore it. You
have to set this variable from within TextMate. tmproj is just the
file extension of the project file, there is nothing useful to edit
there. When you create a project 'abc', it will get saved on the drive
as 'abc.tmproj'. It has nothing to do with the bundles.

There are two different places to set this variable:

1) (global)       in textmate's preferences/advanced/shell variables and
2) (each project) in a project's preference window. This works only in
                  a project and you have to follow the instructions on
                  the given webpage:

                  "The way to do this is currently a little secret but
                  if you deselect everything in the project drawer,
                  then click the info (circled I) button, a panel will
                  appear where you can set variables."

For both ways, just click on the plus sign in the lower left corner of
the window and enter for example

Variable       Value
-------------------------
PDF_VIEWER     texniscope
-------------------------

HTH

Patrick
--

@ 2007-03-27 18:38   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-03-27 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Kuester wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to typeset a rather simple list or table where each line
> should keep the overall grid of my page design.
> For this I tried "tabulate", "table", and "TABLE", but all failed.

One way to reach this, is to set the row height of every single table
line to the default interline space of ConTeXt.
The table rows now sync with the grid (same height), but behind the
table you are again out of sync. You can use \syncronizegrid to fix this.

HTH, Peter

P.S. Can anyone with grid experience add some stuff to the Wiki?
I had to grep "the base" to find a grid syncronizing macro.

> What I need is the following:
> 4 columns, each with a fixed width.
> One of the columns may contain a paragraph (i.e. more than one line), like:
>
>    Axxx  yyyy  first entry with  zzz
>                more text
>    Bxxx  yyyy  next entry        zzz
>
> The line starting with "B" does not keep the grid -- at least in most
> cases; I couldn't trace down when and why this fails.
>
> (The specific environment is not important (whether tabulate, table,
> TABLE, or some other solution), as all entries are supplied by a macro
> which I could adapt easily).
>

> Johannes

[-- Attachment #2: grid.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 600 bytes --]

\setuplayout[grid=yes]

\showgrid
\showstruts

\starttext

\input tufte

\setupTABLE[r][each][height=\the\baselineskip] % default linespacing in ConTeXt
\setupTABLE[c][1,2,4][width=.2\textwidth]
\setupTABLE[c][3][width=.4\textwidth]
\setupTABLE[frame=on]

\blank

\bTABLE
\bTR
  \bTD Axxx \eTD
  \bTD yyyy \eTD
  \bTD [row=2] first entry with\\ more text \eTD
  \bTD zzz \eTD
\eTR
%
\bTR
  \bTD \eTD
  \bTD \eTD
% \bTD \eTD % [row=2]
  \bTD \eTD
\eTR
%
\bTR
  \bTD Bxxx \eTD
  \bTD yyyy \eTD
  \bTD next entry \eTD
  \bTD zzz \eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE

\synchronizegrid
\blank

\input tufte

\stoptext

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-27 19:18 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2007-03-27 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick,

Yeah! Downloaded and updated. I will test and comment.

Thanks a lot!

Willi
On Mar 27, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Hi (esp. Willi),
>
> I've uploaded the version 0.2 of my TextMate bundle. See
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Bundle_for_TextMate and
> http://dl.contextgarden.net/support/
>
> Direct download:
>
> http://dl.contextgarden.net/support/context-tmbundle.dmg
>
> Feedback welcome!
>
> Patrick
> --
> ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

Willi Egger
w.egger@boede.nl

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-28  6:57     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-03-28  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> One way to reach this, is to set the row height of every single table
> line to the default interline space of ConTeXt.
> The table rows now sync with the grid (same height), but behind the
> table you are again out of sync. You can use \syncronizegrid to fix this.
hmm, some problems (see %Pj )
%%%%%
\setuplayout[grid=yes]
%P1 %%  all  docs is in grid mode,
%%%%% but the request was only for tables
\showgrid
\showstruts

\starttext

\input tufte

\setupTABLE[r][each][height=\the\baselineskip] % default linespacing in ConTeXt
\setupTABLE[c][1,2,4][width=.2\textwidth]
\setupTABLE[c][3][width=.4\textwidth]
\setupTABLE[frame=on]

\blank

\bTABLE
\bTR
  \bTD Axxx \eTD
  \bTD yyyy \eTD
  \bTD [row=2] first entry with\\ more text \eTD
%P2 %%% you must enter row=2manually
%%%%% maybe can be calculate by a macro
  \bTD zzz \eTD
\eTR
%
\bTR
  \bTD \eTD
  \bTD \eTD
% \bTD \eTD % [row=2]
  \bTD \eTD
\eTR
%
\bTR
  \bTD Bxxx \eTD
  \bTD yyyy \eTD
  \bTD next entry \eTD
  \bTD zzz \ruledvbox to 3cm{ jkjfd kjhsdkfjhsd }\eTD
%P3 %% ugly cell -- some try-and-errors to find k such as row=k
%%%%% is good
\eTR
\eTABLE

\synchronizegrid
\blank

\input tufte

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

One strategy could be consider both the ways showed.
Also I found an interestring document at
http://www.datapat.de/101.pdf

luigi

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-28  9:51       ` Johannes Kuester
From: Johannes Kuester @ 2007-03-28  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Luigi, dear Rolf,

thank you for your help.

Below is a (hopefully) better example of what I try to do and where it
fails.

The last line in tabulate (starting with "22C6") loses the grid, and I
can't see why.

Unfortunately the solutions you suggested did not work for me.
I do want to avoid to specify cell heights, I just want to arrange
paragraph boxes, all (horizontally) top-aligned with each entry in my table.

TABLE with \synchronizegrid would do the trick (a non-framed table would
have grid-keeping rows). Still it seems to fail in my specific setting
(two-column, I could not trace down what the problem really is).
And the need to specify the number of rows is a problem in my case, as I
would need to add a parameter to my macro etc.

Johannes

%%%%%%%%%%

\setuplayout[grid=yes]

\showgrid
\showstruts

\starttext

\input tufte

\starttabulate[|p(.1\textwidth)|p(.1\textwidth)|p(.5\textwidth)|p(.2\textwidth)|]%
    \NC 002B
    \NC $+$
    \NC plus; Addition
    \NC
  \NR
    \NC 00D7
    \NC $\times$
    \NC kartesisches Produkt (von Mengen);\hfill\break
        Kreuzprodukt (Vektorprodukt);\hfill\break
        mal; Produkt (bei Zahlwerten)
    \NC
  \NR
    \NC 2217
    \NC $*$
    \NC (Stern, Asterisk); Konvolution; Faltung; Produkt
    \NC
  \NR
    \NC 22C6
    \NC $\star$
    \NC (Stern); Zeichen fuer spezielle Produkte
    \NC
  \NR
\stoptabulate

\blank

\input tufte

\stoptext

%%%%%%%%%%

--
Johannes Kuester
typoma

mailto:jk@typoma.com
http://www.typoma.com

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-28  9:56       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-03-28  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
>> One way to reach this, is to set the row height of every single table
>> line to the default interline space of ConTeXt.
>> The table rows now sync with the grid (same height), but behind the
>> table you are again out of sync. You can use \syncronizegrid to fix this.

when spacing is suboptimal boxed stuff (\bTABLE, \starttable, \framed)
should be surrounded by

\startlinecorrection
\stoplinecorrection

(also better in non grid mode)

unless it's a float

for your own macros, use \snaptogrid\vbox{...}

> hmm, some problems (see %Pj )
> %%%%%
> \setuplayout[grid=yes]
> %P1 %%  all  docs is in grid mode,
> %%%%% but the request was only for tables
> \showgrid
> \showstruts
>
> \starttext
>
> \input tufte
>
> \setupTABLE[r][each][height=\the\baselineskip] % default linespacing in ConTeXt
> \setupTABLE[c][1,2,4][width=.2\textwidth]
> \setupTABLE[c][3][width=.4\textwidth]
> \setupTABLE[frame=on]
>
> \blank
>
> \bTABLE
> \bTR
>   \bTD Axxx \eTD
>   \bTD yyyy \eTD
>   \bTD [row=2] first entry with\\ more text \eTD
> %P2 %%% you must enter row=2manually
> %%%%% maybe can be calculate by a macro
>   \bTD zzz \eTD
> \eTR
> %
> \bTR
>   \bTD \eTD
>   \bTD \eTD
> % \bTD \eTD % [row=2]
>   \bTD \eTD
> \eTR
> %
> \bTR
>   \bTD Bxxx \eTD
>   \bTD yyyy \eTD
>   \bTD next entry \eTD
>   \bTD zzz \ruledvbox to 3cm{ jkjfd kjhsdkfjhsd }\eTD
> %P3 %% ugly cell -- some try-and-errors to find k such as row=k
> %%%%% is good
> \eTR
> \eTABLE
>
> \synchronizegrid
> \blank
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> One strategy could be consider both the ways showed.
> Also I found an interestring document at
> http://www.datapat.de/101.pdf
>
> luigi

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-28 10:32         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-03-28 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/28/07, Johannes Kuester <jk@typoma.com> wrote:
> Dear Luigi, dear Rolf,
>
> thank you for your help.
>
> Below is a (hopefully) better example of what I try to do and where it
> fails.
ok, i will give it a try this night.

luigi

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-28 11:53         ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-03-28 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Kuester wrote:
> Dear Luigi, dear Rolf,
>
> thank you for your help.
>
> Below is a (hopefully) better example of what I try to do and where it
> fails.
>
> The last line in tabulate (starting with "22C6") loses the grid, and I
> can't see why.

as I see it, the problem is caused by the table cells, that use more
than one row. In the following row the outer struts are shifted down
(inner ones are normal, as they sync with the last rows struts), so that
the total height of the row is finally greater than \strutheight.

In your example are two places, where this occurs:
The two inner struts in front of '(Stern, Asterisk);..' are
not on the same horizontal line as the outer strut on the right side.
Same for the both outer struts (left,right) of the '22C6' line and the
inner one in front of '(Stern); Zeichen für...'.

But I donno how to fix this.

Best, Peter

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-28 14:16           ` Johannes Kuester
From: Johannes Kuester @ 2007-03-28 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems linetable would do just what I need (at least I get rid of the
strut / unwanted vertical spacing problem, so I do get a grid-keeping
table), but:

Is there a way to use linetable in two-column mode?
(i.e. the consecutive lines of my table should be set just like normal
text would in two-column mode).

Currently linetable just streches over the whole textwidth, as it adds
white space between columns.

Johannes

%%%%%%%%%%

In my previous example below, using

  \setuplinetable[n=4]

  \setuplinetable[c][1]   [width=6mm]
  \setuplinetable[c][2]   [width=5mm]
  \setuplinetable[c][3]   [width=51mm]
  \setuplinetable[c][4]   [width=1mm]

and then startlinetable / stoplinetable instead of start/stoptabulate
works fine for the vertical spacing problem.

--
Johannes Kuester
typoma

mailto:jk@typoma.com
http://www.typoma.com

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-28 14:36             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-03-28 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/3/28, Johannes Kuester <jk@typoma.com>:

> It seems linetable would do just what I need (at least I get rid of the
> strut / unwanted vertical spacing problem, so I do get a grid-keeping
> table), but:
>
> Is there a way to use linetable in two-column mode?
> (i.e. the consecutive lines of my table should be set just like normal
> text would in two-column mode).
>
> Currently linetable just streches over the whole textwidth, as it adds
> white space between columns.
>
> Johannes
>

> %%%%%%%%%%
>
> In my previous example below, using
>
>   \setuplinetable[n=4]
>
>   \setuplinetable[c][1]   [width=6mm]
>   \setuplinetable[c][2]   [width=5mm]
>   \setuplinetable[c][3]   [width=51mm]
>   \setuplinetable[c][4]   [width=1mm]
>
> and then startlinetable / stoplinetable instead of start/stoptabulate
> works fine for the vertical spacing problem.
>
> >> %%%%%%%%%%
> >>
> >> \setuplayout[grid=yes]
> >>
> >> \showgrid
> >> \showstruts
> >>
> >> \starttext
> >>
> >> \input tufte
> >>

> \starttabulate[|p(.1\textwidth)|p(.1\textwidth)|p(.5\textwidth)|p(.2\textwidth)|]%
> >>     \NC 002B
> >>     \NC $+$
> >>     \NC plus; Addition
> >>     \NC
> >>   \NR
> >>     \NC 00D7
> >>     \NC $\times$
> >>     \NC kartesisches Produkt (von Mengen);\hfill\break
> >>         Kreuzprodukt (Vektorprodukt);\hfill\break
> >>         mal; Produkt (bei Zahlwerten)
> >>     \NC
> >>   \NR
> >>     \NC 2217
> >>     \NC $*$
> >>     \NC (Stern, Asterisk); Konvolution; Faltung; Produkt
> >>     \NC
> >>   \NR
> >>     \NC 22C6
> >>     \NC $\star$
> >>     \NC (Stern); Zeichen fuer spezielle Produkte
> >>     \NC
> >>   \NR
> >> \stoptabulate
> >>
> >> \blank
> >>
> >> \input tufte
> >>
> >> \stoptext
> >>
> >> %%%%%%%%%%
>
> --
> Johannes Kuester
> typoma

Hi Johannes,

a short example to play for you. The important things are the stretch and
the lines key in \setuplinetable. You should also look at the end of
core-ltb,
it contains a few interresting examples.

\setuplinetable[stretch=yes,lines=fit]

\starttext

\startcolumns

\startlinetable
\dorecurse{80}{\NC Text \NC Text \NC\NR}
\stoplinetable

\stopcolumns

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-28 15:46               ` Johannes Kuester
From: Johannes Kuester @ 2007-03-28 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> 2007/3/28, Johannes Kuester <jk@typoma.com <mailto:jk@typoma.com>>:
>
>     It seems linetable would do just what I need (at least I get rid of the
>     strut / unwanted vertical spacing problem, so I do get a grid-keeping
>     table), but:
>
>     Is there a way to use linetable in two-column mode?
>     (i.e. the consecutive lines of my table should be set just like normal
>     text would in two-column mode).
>
> Hi Johannes,
>
> a short example to play for you. The important things are the stretch and
> the lines key in \setuplinetable. You should also look at the end of
> core-ltb,
> it contains a few interresting examples.
>
> \setuplinetable[stretch=yes,lines=fit]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startcolumns
>
> \startlinetable
> \dorecurse{80}{\NC Text \NC Text \NC\NR}
> \stoplinetable
>
> \stopcolumns
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I already looked at the examples in core-ltb, and on the wiki.
Still linetable does not work in my specific case (with my layout
options etc.), but I can't trace down why it does not.

But linetable seems to have problems in general, when used in columns.
When I try your example with more input lines (thus running over more
than one page), say

%%%%%%%%%%
\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\showgrid

\setuplinetable[stretch=yes,lines=fit]

\starttext

\startcolumns

\startlinetable
\dorecurse{180}{\NC Text \NC Text \NC\NR}
\stoplinetable

\stopcolumns

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%

I get a correct left column (on page 1 and 2),
but the right column is three lines too long.

Setting the number of lines:
  \setuplinetable[lines=41]
would help for one-line cell entries
(then each column has the correct number of lines on the page),
but in my case with multi-line entries, each such entry is counted as
one line, thus resulting in a too long column.

So, linetable does not do the job.

Back to tabulate, I presume, but tabulate has the strut problem.

Johannes

--
Johannes Kuester
typoma

mailto:jk@typoma.com
http://www.typoma.com

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-28 22:52         ` David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2007-03-28 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just been experimenting with the new bundle. I really appreciate
having it, and so far it is working like a charm.

Thanks,

Dave

* Re: Grid-keeping table
@ 2007-03-30  2:51   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-03-30  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/27/07, Johannes Kuester <jk@typoma.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to typeset a rather simple list or table where each line
> should keep the overall grid of my page design.
> For this I tried "tabulate", "table", and "TABLE", but all failed.
>
> What I need is the following:
> 4 columns, each with a fixed width.
> One of the columns may contain a paragraph (i.e. more than one line), like:
>
>    Axxx  yyyy  first entry with  zzz
>                more text
>    Bxxx  yyyy  next entry        zzz

some ideas
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\newdimen\CellWidth \CellWidth=0.2\textwidth %% or whatever is good
\newdimen\CellHeightOne \CellHeightOne=\lineheight %% synch with grid
\newdimen\TestDim

\long\def\CellContent#1{%
\setbox100=\vbox{\hsize=\CellWidth%
#1}
\dp100=0pt%
\TestDim=\CellHeightOne
\doloop{%30
\ifdim\ht100<\TestDim%
\setbox100=\vbox to \TestDim{\hsize=\CellWidth \recurselevel #1}\exitloop\fi
\TestDim=\dimexpr(\CellHeightOne+\TestDim)\relax}
\dp100=0pt%
\ruledvbox{\box100}%ruled for test
}

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\setupTABLE[width=\CellWidth,offset=0pt,strut=no]
\showgrid
\starttext
\ \blank
\bTABLE
\bTR
\bTD\CellContent{Axxx}\eTD
\bTD\CellContent{yyyy} \eTD
\bTD\CellContent{first entry with  \\
              more text}\eTD
\bTD\CellContent{zzz} \eTD
\eTR
\bTR
\bTD\CellContent{Bxxx} \eTD
\bTD\CellContent{fff}\eTD
\bTD\CellContent{next entry} \eTD
\bTD\CellContent{zzz}\eTD
\eTR
\bTR
\bTD\CellContent{Axxx}\eTD
\bTD\CellContent{foo \\ boo \\ coo \\ doo} \eTD
\bTD\CellContent{\input ward }\eTD
\bTD\CellContent{zzz} \eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE
\stoptext

1) there are extra spaces  between rows that i don't manage
2) i think to avoid \CellContent every \bTD\..\eTD (re-reading core-ntb)

luigi

* Re: TextMate bundle
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2007-03-30 16:09 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-03-30 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I've uploaded the version 0.3 of my TextMate bundle. See
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Bundle_for_TextMate and
http://dl.contextgarden.net/support/

Direct download:

http://dl.contextgarden.net/support/context-tmbundle.dmg

Enjoy,
Patrick

Changes:

0.3:
 * scope set to text.tex.context for compatibility with the latex bundle (text.tex.latex)
 * include metafun language grammar based on a metapost bundle by Charilaos Skiadas
 * typeset (cmd-r) output window:
   * link to pdf file added (runs predefined viewer or 'Preview.app')
   * link to logfile
   * in case of an error: link to file/line
 * keybindings
   * typeset is now on cmd-r (for the sake of compatibility with all other textmate's bundles)
   * purge is now on ctrl-alt-backsapce (for the sake of.....)
   * view in pdfviwer is now on ctrl-alt-cmd-o (for the sake of ....)
   * cmd-i {\it ...}
   * cmd-b {\bf ...}
 * dragging images (png, pdf, jpg) to a ConTeXt source creates \externalfigure[<figname>]
 * sectioning commands: tab trigger 'sec' and 'sub'
 * wrap selection in \start...\stop (ctrl-shift-w)
 * Menu update
 * support for document outline (symbols in TextMate speak)

--

@ 2007-03-30 16:29   ` Helin Gai
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-03-30 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey Patrick,

Very cool update. One question tho, for the old version, I was able to
play around with the typeset command to allow typesetting with XeTeX.
In this new version, there's only one line in the typeset command:
typeset_contextfile. Where can I tweak this then?

Thanks!

Helin

On 3/30/07, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded the version 0.3 of my TextMate bundle. See
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Bundle_for_TextMate and
> http://dl.contextgarden.net/support/
>
> Direct download:
>
> http://dl.contextgarden.net/support/context-tmbundle.dmg
>

> Enjoy,
> Patrick
>
> Changes:
>
> 0.3:
>  * scope set to text.tex.context for compatibility with the latex bundle (text.tex.latex)
>  * include metafun language grammar based on a metapost bundle by Charilaos Skiadas
>  * typeset (cmd-r) output window:
>    * link to pdf file added (runs predefined viewer or 'Preview.app')
>    * link to logfile
>    * in case of an error: link to file/line
>  * keybindings
>    * typeset is now on cmd-r (for the sake of compatibility with all other textmate's bundles)
>    * purge is now on ctrl-alt-backsapce (for the sake of.....)
>    * view in pdfviwer is now on ctrl-alt-cmd-o (for the sake of ....)
>    * cmd-i {\it ...}
>    * cmd-b {\bf ...}
>  * dragging images (png, pdf, jpg) to a ConTeXt source creates \externalfigure[<figname>]
>  * sectioning commands: tab trigger 'sec' and 'sub'
>  * wrap selection in \start...\stop (ctrl-shift-w)
>  * Menu update
>  * support for document outline (symbols in TextMate speak)
>

> --
> ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

Helin (Colin) Gai
Class of 2009, Duke University
Box 96332
Durham, NC 27708
Phone:  919-943-6302
helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-30 18:10     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-03-30 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Helin,

> Very cool update. One question tho, for the old version, I was able to
> play around with the typeset command to allow typesetting with XeTeX.
> In this new version, there's only one line in the typeset command:
> typeset_contextfile. Where can I tweak this then?

Oh, sorry. Wait for 0.4 (to be released soon). Until then, you can put
this in the first line of your TeX source:

% engine=xetex

Patrick
--

@ 2007-03-30 18:45     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-03-30 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Very cool update. One question tho, for the old version, I was able to
> play around with the typeset command to allow typesetting with XeTeX.
> In this new version, there's only one line in the typeset command:
> typeset_contextfile. Where can I tweak this then?

download and install 0.4. Then set the variable 'CTX_ENGINE' to
'xetex'.

See
<http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070327.172247.4dc0b38a.en.html>
for instructions. If this doesn't help, please write back.

Patrick

(the only change in 0.4 is the switch for the xetex engine)
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-30 20:25       ` Helin Gai
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-03-30 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for prompt update.

Personally, I feel it's probably more flexible to have two distinct
command, one for pdftex, and another for xetex...

helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-30 21:17         ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-03-30 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Helin,

> Personally, I feel it's probably more flexible to have two distinct
> command, one for pdftex, and another for xetex...

You can set this variable on a per project basis. So for project A set
it to xetex, for project B set it to pdftex or unset it. This way you
don't have to remeber wich project used which engine.

Patrick

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-03-30 22:29         ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-03-30 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello again,

> Thanks for prompt update.
>
> Personally, I feel it's probably more flexible to have two distinct
> command, one for pdftex, and another for xetex...

Here is one for you. It is just a duplicate of 'typeset' with the
following command:

CTX_ENGINE=xetex typeset_contextfile

Same key equivalent, same scope.

Patrick

[-- Attachment #2: typeset with xetex.tmCommand --]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>beforeRunningCommand</key>
	<string>saveActiveFile</string>
	<key>bundleUUID</key>
	<string>6E6A2F78-B26A-43F6-94CB-7291D3A72646</string>
	<key>command</key>
	<string>CTX_ENGINE=xetex typeset_contextfile</string>
	<key>input</key>
	<string>none</string>
	<key>keyEquivalent</key>
	<string>@r</string>
	<key>name</key>
	<string>typeset with xetex</string>
	<key>output</key>
	<string>showAsHTML</string>
	<key>scope</key>
	<string>text.tex.context</string>
	<key>uuid</key>
	<string>37AF9824-BFF5-49B9-9BCE-40BA859D85E0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

@ 2007-03-30 23:02           ` Helin Gai
From: Helin Gai @ 2007-03-30 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Amazing. Thanks so much!

helin.gai at gmail.com
hg9 at duke.edu

* Re: TextMate bundle
@ 2007-04-01 19:28         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-04-01 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Helin Gai wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Thanks for prompt update.
>
> Personally, I feel it's probably more flexible to have two distinct
> command, one for pdftex, and another for xetex...

since xetex and pdftex and luatex have subtle differences one can
consider adding

% engine=xetex

to the top of the file; no need for commands then

Hans