* Makeindex and Context
@ 2007-04-04 12:09 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2007-04-04 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I like the extended feature set of makeindex so I creatred my own
little routine to use it with Context on a recent project. Here is
the code:

\newwrite\ind
\immediate\openout\ind=book.idx
\def\sidx#1{\write\ind{\\indexentry{#1}{\the\pageno}}}

It works fine from the indexing point of view. But if the \sidx{} tag
is embedded in a paragraph then some extra space is left where the
tag existed in the paragraph. I had to move all such tags to either
the beginning or the end of the paragraph.

What did I fail to do?
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

* Re: Makeindex and Context
@ 2007-04-04 20:29 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-04-04 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

John R. Culleton wrote:
> I like the extended feature set of makeindex so I creatred my own
> little routine to use it with Context on a recent project. Here is
> the code:
>
> \newwrite\ind
> \immediate\openout\ind=book.idx
> \def\sidx#1{\write\ind{\\indexentry{#1}{\the\pageno}}}
>
> It works fine from the indexing point of view. But if the \sidx{} tag
> is embedded in a paragraph then some extra space is left where the
> tag existed in the paragraph. I had to move all such tags to either
> the beginning or the end of the paragraph.
>
> What did I fail to do?

The one thing missing from your example is the thing that is causing
the spaces: the actual input file. The definitions above look fine,
and are certainly not the cause.

Cheers,
Taco