* Killing the space after a section.
@ 2007-04-12 16:18 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2007-04-12 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have the file set up with no parindent and one blank line between
paragraphs. but I want to kill the extra space after \section
headers.  The current definition is:
\setuphead[section][number=no,style=\SectSans,page=no,after={\vskip
2sp}]

...but the blank line remains.  Do I need to use a negative \vskip?

\SectSans is a font I set up (bold, sans serif and slightly larger. )
If there is a way to specify both bold and sans serif at a larger
(e.g. \tfb) size I would be happy to use that instead.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com

* Re: Killing the space after a section.
@ 2007-04-12 21:35 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-04-12 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \SectSans is a font I set up (bold, sans serif and slightly larger. )
> If there is a way to specify both bold and sans serif at a larger
> (e.g. \tfb) size I would be happy to use that instead.
hmm, maybe
\ssbfb

luigi

* Re: Killing the space after a section.
@ 2007-04-12 22:23 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-04-12 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/12/07, John R. Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> I have the file set up with no parindent and one blank line between
> paragraphs. but I want to kill the extra space after \section
> headers.  The current definition is:
> \setuphead[section][number=no,style=\SectSans,page=no,after={\vskip
> 2sp}]
>
> ...but the blank line remains.  Do I need to use a negative \vskip?
not an answer (sorry). But try this

\setuphead[section][style={\ssbfb},
  before={\begingroup\ruledvbox\bgroup},
    after={\egroup\endgroup}]
\starttext
\section{Foo} foo baa
\section{gMoo()} gMoo
\stoptext

luigi

* Re: Killing the space after a section.
@ 2007-04-13  7:55   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-04-13  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
> On 4/12/07, John R. Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> wrote:
>
>> I have the file set up with no parindent and one blank line between
>> paragraphs. but I want to kill the extra space after \section
>> headers.  The current definition is:
>> \setuphead[section][number=no,style=\SectSans,page=no,after={\vskip
>> 2sp}]
>>
>> ...but the blank line remains.  Do I need to use a negative \vskip?
>>
> not an answer (sorry). But try this
>
> \setuphead[section][style={\ssbfb},
>   before={\begingroup\ruledvbox\bgroup},
>     after={\egroup\endgroup}]