Hi Pablo, > not sure I’m getting your point right. Thank you for the detailed answer. But I fear, I have not expressed myself precise enough. The solution that you described does not directly fit to my setting. I'll try to rephrase. Maybe it gets more clear then. I think, named destinations could be a important part in the solution. I'm do not know the structure of PDFs exactly, therefore some of my terms might be wrong. I'll name the two things from now on the following way: - a destination: This is a defined position within a PDF document; so some position that a PDF viewer is able to jump to. In ConTeXt, you can set such a position most of the time with the "reference" keyword. In LaTeX, you use \label. - a reference: This is a link that you can click on and cause the PDF viewer to jump/scroll to the linked destination. In ConTeXt, you can use \in to create a reference. In LaTeX, you use \ref. The situation is that I have a PDF-document (inner.pdf) that defines several destinations and I want to embed that document with \externalfigure into another PDF-document (outer.pdf). My question is: Is it possible to create references within the source code of outer.pdf that correctly set a link to a destination that is defined in inner.pdf? Asked in another way: Is is possible that \externalfigure can extract the (maybe named) destinations of inner.pdf and translate them in such a way, that I can use \in within the outer document to link to them. Gerion