* active urls in bibliographies
@ 2007-04-24  2:44 Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2007-04-24  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

[This must be a FAQ, and if so I'll put it on the wiki]

I tried to force an active hyperlink to be part of a bibliography entry.
If the bibliography style file for that entry type uses it, maybe it
will work.  But I wanted to put it in the 'note' field so that I could
add it to most entries.  e.g.

@Book{HPL:2000,
  editor =	 {John D. Barnsford and Ann L. Brown and Rodney R. Cocking},
  title = 	 {How people learn: Brain, mind, experience, and school.},
  publisher = 	 {National Academy Press},
  year = 	 2000,
  address =	 {Washington, DC},
  edition =	 {expanded},
  note =	 {http://www.nap.edu}
}

As above, the URL comes out normal (i.e. not hyperlinked).  I couldn't
get the 'biburl' field to do the magic (even with \setupinteraction
started), maybe because I'd need to reprogram the .bst to use it.  Also
various combinations of \useURL and \goto did not work.  e.g. This
failed:

\useURL[someurl][http://www.someurl.org][][http://www.someurl.org]

@Book{HPL:2000,
{...
  note =	 {\goto[someurl]}
}

That fails with

! Argument of \dogoto has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
<to be read again>
                   }
\doattributes ...name #1#2\@EA \endcsname \fi {#4}
                                                  \dostopattributes
<argument> ...esetapublication {HPL:2000}\strut }}
                                                  \egroup \ifdim \wd 4=\zero...

\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\dosomelistelement ...hss \dostoplistattributes }}
                                                  \endgraf \nointerlineskip ...
l.208 \placepublications[criterium=all]

Any thoughts appreciated!

-Sanjoy

`Intellectual property is intellectual theft.'