* Re: Weird background colors in autogenerated index
       [not found] <007e01d192a5$f9a738c0$ecf5aa40$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2016-04-10 15:09 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <006401d1936c$0d3cbb50$27b631f0$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-10 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/9/2016 11:22 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> since LuaTeXt 0.81 my back-of-the-book index (register) is generated with
> strange background colors. The index title is typeset in yellowish
> background and the left column of the last index page has a blue background,
> see the attachment.
>
> I've thought I reported it, but it is still there even in 0.95. It was fine
> in the version 0.80.
>
> Could this be somehow eliminated?

no example

* Re: Weird background colors in autogenerated index
@ 2016-04-10 21:00   ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]   ` <006401d1936c$0d3cbb50$27b631f0$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2016-04-10 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2016-04-10 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 4/9/2016 11:22 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> >
> > since LuaTeXt 0.81 my back-of-the-book index (register) is
> > with generated strange background colors. The index title
> > is typeset in yellowish background and the left column of
> > the last index page has a blue background, see the attachment.
> >
> > ... It was fine in the version 0.80.
>
> no example

I've published both the ConTeXt source and the final PDF here:
http://drifted.in/other/context/

Jan

@ 2016-04-10 21:26     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-04-10 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/10/2016 11:00 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2016-04-10 Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 4/9/2016 11:22 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
>>>
>>> since LuaTeXt 0.81 my back-of-the-book index (register) is
>>> with generated strange background colors. The index title
>>> is typeset in yellowish background and the left column of
>>> the last index page has a blue background, see the attachment.
>>>
>>> ... It was fine in the version 0.80.
>>
>> no example
>
> I've published both the ConTeXt source and the final PDF here:
> http://drifted.in/other/context/

Jan,

here you have the minimal sample:

  \showgrid
  \starttext
  a\index{b}
  \completeindex
  \stoptext

Comment the first line and colors background colors will disappear.

Don’t know whether it is a bug or not, but this is only related to
\showgrid.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Weird background colors in autogenerated index
@ 2016-04-10 21:35       ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]         ` <01d301d1941d$e0a558b0$a1f00a10$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-10 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/10/2016 11:26 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 04/10/2016 11:00 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

>>> no example
>>
>> I've published both the ConTeXt source and the final PDF here:
>> http://drifted.in/other/context/
>
> Jan,
>
> here you have the minimal sample:
>
>    \showgrid
>    \starttext
>    a\index{b}
>    \completeindex
>    \stoptext
>
> Comment the first line and colors background colors will disappear.
>
> Don’t know whether it is a bug or not, but this is only related to
> \showgrid.

indeed, it's tracing related (no bug)

@ 2016-04-11 18:13         ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]         ` <01d301d1941d$e0a558b0$a1f00a10$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2016-04-11 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2016-04-10 Hans Hagen wrote:

> > here you have the minimal sample:
> >
> >    \showgrid
> >    \starttext
> >    a\index{b}
> >    \completeindex
> >    \stoptext
> >
> > Comment the first line and colors background colors will disappear.

a good catch, Pablo, thanks.

> indeed, it's tracing related (no bug)

My idea is to have a single PDF source to showcase some ConTeXt features, where displaying the grid is handy, yet allow disabling the grid on demand.

So any visible \showgrid related issues, which cannot be switched off together with the grid layer, are unacceptable ;-)

Is there any chance to improve this a bit?

Thanks, Jan

@ 2016-04-11 22:46           ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]             ` <570d3978.46fac20a.7dcd5.50d6SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-11 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/11/2016 8:13 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2016-04-10 Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> here you have the minimal sample:
>>>
>>>     \showgrid
>>>     \starttext
>>>     a\index{b}
>>>     \completeindex
>>>     \stoptext
>>>
>>> Comment the first line and colors background colors will disappear.
>
> a good catch, Pablo, thanks.
>
>> indeed, it's tracing related (no bug)
>
> My idea is to have a single PDF source to showcase some ConTeXt features, where displaying the grid is handy, yet allow disabling the grid on demand.
>
> So any visible \showgrid related issues, which cannot be switched off together with the grid layer, are unacceptable ;-)

well, with tracing one gets what's provided .. after all it's tracing,
so 'unacceptable' is a kind of unacceptable demand

> Is there any chance to improve this a bit?

currently not but you can influence the grid a bit:

   \showgrid[reset,...]

options can be seen with

   context --extra=setups grid

You're lucky that it's only a few lines to add 'columns' options (so in
some upcoming beta you have to mess with 'reset' and whatever else).

Hans

* Re: Weird background colors in autogenerated index
@ 2016-04-12 18:07             ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]             ` <570d3978.46fac20a.7dcd5.50d6SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2016-04-12 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2016-04-12 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 4/11/2016 8:13 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

> > My idea is to have a single PDF source to showcase some
> > ConTeXt features, where displaying the grid is handy, yet
> > allow disabling the grid on demand.
>
> ... you can influence the grid a bit:
>
> \showgrid[reset,...]
>
> You're lucky that it's only a few lines to add 'columns' options
> (so in some upcoming beta you have to mess with 'reset'
> and whatever else).

I am completely lost. I found page-grd.mkiv, but I have no idea what to tweak here.

By simple putting \showgrid[reset] at the beginning of the document no grid is shown, but those colored areas are present.

I am giving it up.

Jan

@ 2016-04-12 18:22               ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-04-12 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Jan Tosovsky <mailto:j.tosovsky@email.cz>
> 12. April 2016 um 20:07
>
> I am completely lost. I found page-grd.mkiv, but I have no idea what
> to tweak here.
>
> By simple putting \showgrid[reset] at the beginning of the document no
> grid is shown, but those colored areas are present.
You can’t disable the backgrounds with the current beta but in one of
the coming betas
you can use the "reset" key to disable the grid visualizers and enable
afterwards only
the grid lines.

Wolfgang

* Re: Weird background colors in autogenerated index
@ 2016-04-12 18:36                 ` Jan Tosovsky
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2016-04-12 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2016-04-12 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> On 2016-04-12 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
>
> > I am completely lost. I found page-grd.mkiv, but I have
> > no idea what to tweak here.
>
> > By simple putting \showgrid[reset] at the beginning of
> > the document no grid is shown, but those colored areas
> > are present.
>
> You can’t disable the backgrounds with the current beta but
> in one of the coming betas you can use the "reset" key to
> disable the grid visualizers and enable afterwards only
> the grid lines.

Ah, thanks for clarification. No problem.

Jan

* Weird background colors in autogenerated index
@ 2016-04-09 21:22 Jan Tosovsky
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2016-04-09 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)