* Re: Manual hyphenation
@ 2007-05-24  9:22 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2007-05-24  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you very much Taco. It works very well. It really is useful to
be able to select less aggressive hyphenation when necessary.

Cheers,

Elliot

* Re: Manual hyphenation
@ 2007-05-24 10:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-05-24 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Elliot Clifton wrote:
> Thank you very much Taco. It works very well. It really is useful to
> be able to select less aggressive hyphenation when necessary.

here is a variant: stepwise and relative to the current values:

\unprotect

\startvariables all
    lesshyphenation: lesshyphenation
    morehyphenation: morehyphenation
\stopvariables

\def\lesshyphens
  {\lefthyphenmin =\numexpr\lefthyphenmin +1\relax
   \righthyphenmin=\numexpr\righthyphenmin+1\relax}

\def\morehyphens
  {\ifcase\lefthyphenmin \else
     \lefthyphenmin =\numexpr\lefthyphenmin +1\relax
   \fi
   \ifcase\righthyphenmin\else
     \righthyphenmin=\numexpr\righthyphenmin+1\relax
   \fi}

\installalign \v!lesshyphenation {\lesshyphens}
\installalign \v!morehyphenation {\morehyphens}

%D The next two lines implement 'align=lesshyphenation' as an option
%D for \type{\framed} etc.

\setvalue{\@@ragged@@command\v!lesshyphenation}{\appendtoks\lesshyphens\to\everyraggedcommand}
\setvalue{\@@ragged@@command\v!morehyphenation}{\appendtoks\morehyphens\to\everyraggedcommand}

\protect

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Manual hyphenation
@ 2007-05-24 10:29 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-05-24 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/5/24, Elliot Clifton <cliftoo@gmail.com>:
> Thank you very much Taco. It works very well. It really is useful to
> be able to select less aggressive hyphenation when necessary.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Elliot

Hi Elliot,

you can also prevent hyphenation by switching to undefined languages and
the only hyphenations the one in the hyphenation exception list and in words
written with \-.

\unprotect

\startvariables all
  listhyphenation: listhyphenation
\stopvariables

\def\listhyphenation
  {\language\@cclv}

\installalign \v!listhyphenation \listhyphenation

\protect

\setupalign[listhyphenation]

\hyphenation{improv-ements}

\starttext
\input knuth
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Manual hyphenation
@ 2007-05-24 12:43   ` John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2007-05-24 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 24 May 2007 06:19, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Elliot Clifton wrote:
> > Thank you very much Taco. It works very well. It really is useful
> > to be able to select less aggressive hyphenation when necessary.
>
> here is a variant: stepwise and relative to the current values:
>
> \unprotect
>
> \startvariables all
>     lesshyphenation: lesshyphenation
>     morehyphenation: morehyphenation
> \stopvariables
>
> \def\lesshyphens
>   {\lefthyphenmin =\numexpr\lefthyphenmin +1\relax
>    \righthyphenmin=\numexpr\righthyphenmin+1\relax}
>
> \def\morehyphens
>   {\ifcase\lefthyphenmin \else
>      \lefthyphenmin =\numexpr\lefthyphenmin +1\relax
>    \fi
>    \ifcase\righthyphenmin\else
>      \righthyphenmin=\numexpr\righthyphenmin+1\relax
>    \fi}
>
> \installalign \v!lesshyphenation {\lesshyphens}
> \installalign \v!morehyphenation {\morehyphens}
>
> %D The next two lines implement 'align=lesshyphenation' as an
> option %D for \type{\framed} etc.
>
> \setvalue{\@@ragged@@command\v!lesshyphenation}{\appendtoks\lesshyp
>hens\to\everyraggedcommand}
> \setvalue{\@@ragged@@command\v!morehyphenation}{\appendtoks\morehyp
>hens\to\everyraggedcommand}
>
> \protect
>

> Hans

On my last Context project I simply used
\lefthyphenmin 3
to set a new minimum size for the left part of a hyphenated word. The
customer requested it at the last minute (overly picky editor.) It
worked OK on a long and complex document.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

* page break handle in TOC
@ 2007-06-01 18:10   ` Horacio Suarez
From: Horacio Suarez @ 2007-06-01 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello

is there a way to handle page breaks in a TOC?

I have

Part

  chapter
    (author)

   section

and  I want the author keep toghether with the chapter.

Thankyou in advance.

* Re: page break handle in TOC
@ 2007-06-02 20:16     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-06-02 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Horacio Suarez wrote:
> Hello
>
> is there a way to handle page breaks in a TOC?
>
> I have
>
> Part
>
>   chapter
>     (author)
>
>    section

so some point in the text

\writebetweenlist[section]{\page]

of with

\setuplist[section][after=\page]

etc

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: page break handle in TOC
@ 2007-06-02 20:22       ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2007-06-02 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

BTW:

Do you have some news for TOC fine-tuning? (see below)

Steffen

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:28:51 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

fine-tuning a TOC is horrible when you have a lot of tables and
figures in a larger project: you have to wait and wait and wait
^[$B!D^[(B

Could you also provide a comparable solution like the one below
(for the placeregister), please?

Something like ^[$B!D^[(B

\completecontent[file=testtest]

>>> it is kind of tricky since lists can be combined ... will think of
it (careful hack)

Is there some news? Just a quick-and-dirty hack for today will do ...

> i gave it a try a few weeks ago, but since we have lists and combined
list i need to figure out what to do (in order not to break things)
i will add this feature when i have a bit more time, just remind me
as a quick hack you can patch
\unprotect
\def\dodoplacecombinedlist[#1][#2]%
 {\dobeginoflist
  \dosetuplist[#1][#2]%
  \doutilities{listentries,#1}\jobname{#1}\relax\par
  \doendoflist}

\protect
just change \jobname to {somename.tuo}

* Re: page break handle in TOC
@ 2007-06-02 20:59         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-06-02 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> BTW:
>
> Do you have some news for TOC fine-tuning? (see below)

i know that it's needed -)

sorry for not being faster

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: page break handle in TOC
@ 2007-06-02 21:20       ` Horacio Suarez
From: Horacio Suarez @ 2007-06-02 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thankyou very much. Very nice.

>From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
>Subject: Re: [NTG-context] page break handle in TOC
>Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 22:16:46 +0200
>
>Horacio Suarez wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > is there a way to handle page breaks in a TOC?
> >
> > I have
> >
> > Part
> >
> >   chapter
> >     (author)
> >
> >    section
> >

>so some point in the text
>
>\writebetweenlist[section]{\page]
>
>of with
>
>\setuplist[section][after=\page]
>
>etc

* Re: page break handle in TOC
@ 2007-06-04  8:53           ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2007-06-04  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 22:59:24 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> BTW:
>>
>> Do you have some news for TOC fine-tuning? (see below)
>>

> i know that it's needed -)

thanks for the feedback

> sorry for not being faster

sorry for asking ;o)

Steffen

* hyphenation inside natural tables.
@ 2007-06-12 22:01           ` Horacio Suarez
From: Horacio Suarez @ 2007-06-12 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello all:

Is posible to hyphenate inside natural tables?

or,

I want  "justified" paragraphs alignment with hyphenation inside natural
tables.

Thankyou in advance.

--------------------
Horacio Suarez
Editotrial Antropofagia
www.eantropofagia.com.ar

* Re: hyphenation inside natural tables.
@ 2007-06-13  6:44             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-06-13  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/6/13, Horacio Suarez <horaciosuarez@hotmail.com>:
> Hello all:
>
> Is posible to hyphenate inside natural tables?
>
> or,
>
> I want  "justified" paragraphs alignment with hyphenation inside natural
> tables.
>
> Thankyou in advance.
>

> --------------------
> Horacio Suarez

Hi Horacio,

you can change alignment in natural tables with the align-key, it should
accept the same values as \setupalign for the normal text.

\starttext
\bTABLE[align=hyphenated]
\bTR
  \bTD\input knuth \eTD
  \bTD\input knuth \eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: hyphenation inside natural tables.
@ 2007-06-13 14:33               ` Horacio Suarez
From: Horacio Suarez @ 2007-06-13 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thankyou very much.

Sometimes I don´t know the complete  list of keys. Where I have to look for
it?

Thanks.

--------------------
Horacio Suarez
Editotrial Antropofagia
www.eantropofagia.com.ar

@ 2007-06-13 16:16                 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-06-13 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Quoting Horacio Suarez <horaciosuarez@hotmail.com>:

> Thankyou very much.
>
> Sometimes I don´t know the complete  list of keys. Where I have to
> look for it?

texshow.contextgarden.net (slightly out of date)

or the sources for a complete up to date list

Aditya