* \setuphead [bodypartlabel=]
@ 2013-03-26 18:15 Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-03-26 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

\setuplabeltext [chapter=Chapter ]

enables a label in chapter headings.

Sometimes, one wants to have an unnumbered chapter-level structure that
otherwise appears in the table of contents, bookmarks, marking, etc.
without having to make many special definitions.

One suggests:
\definehead [NOchapter] [chapter]
\setuphead [NOchapter] [incrementnumber=no,number=no,bodypartlabel=]

\starttext
\startNOchapter [title=Introduction]
\stopNOchapter
\startchapter [title=First chapter]
\stopchapter
\stoptext

And then adding NOchapter to the contents combined list, to the
bookmarks, and so on, not to speak about marking. Ugh!

Much easier would be the occasional use of
\startchapter [title=Introduction,incrementnumber=no,number=no,bodypartlabel=]
\stopchapter
but this does not work! One gets: "Chapter Introduction".
That this does not work I suppose might be somewhat of a bug...

Even better, more coherent, more logical, would be
\startchapter [title=Introduction,incrementnumber=no,number=no,label=no]
\stopchapter
(Note that "label=no" is used for lists).

This would also have the advantage of allowing the chapter labeltext to be defined
for each language, rather than be empty, so that it could then be simply turned on or off.
In fact, label=no would be the default setup.

Alan

* Re: \setuphead [bodypartlabel=]
@ 2013-03-26 18:25 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-03-26 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.03.2013 um 19:15 schrieb Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>:

> \setuplabeltext [chapter=Chapter ]
>
> enables a label in chapter headings.
>
> Sometimes, one wants to have an unnumbered chapter-level structure that
> otherwise appears in the table of contents, bookmarks, marking, etc.
> without having to make many special definitions.
>
> One suggests:
> \definehead [NOchapter] [chapter]
> \setuphead [NOchapter] [incrementnumber=no,number=no,bodypartlabel=]
>
> \starttext
> \startNOchapter [title=Introduction]
> \stopNOchapter
> \startchapter [title=First chapter]
> \stopchapter
> \stoptext

\startnamedsection[NOchapter][title=…]
…
\stopnamedsection
\startnamedsection[chapter][title=…]
…
\stopnamedsection

> And then adding NOchapter to the contents combined list, to the
> bookmarks, and so on, not to speak about marking. Ugh!
>
> Much easier would be the occasional use of
> \startchapter [title=Introduction,incrementnumber=no,number=no,bodypartlabel=]
> \stopchapter
> but this does not work! One gets: "Chapter Introduction".
> That this does not work I suppose might be somewhat of a bug...
>
> Even better, more coherent, more logical, would be
> \startchapter [title=Introduction,incrementnumber=no,number=no,label=no]
> \stopchapter
> (Note that "label=no" is used for lists).
>
> This would also have the advantage of allowing the chapter labeltext to be defined
> for each language, rather than be empty, so that it could then be simply turned on or off.

\setuplabeltext[en][chapter=…]
\setuplabeltext[nl][chapter=…]

> In fact, label=no would be the default setup.

\setuplist[chapter][label=yes|no|none|<NAME>]

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead [bodypartlabel=]
@ 2013-03-26 18:54   ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-03-26 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:25:27 +0100
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 26.03.2013 um 19:15 schrieb Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>:
>
> > \setuplabeltext [chapter=Chapter ]
> >
> > enables a label in chapter headings.
> >
> > Sometimes, one wants to have an unnumbered chapter-level structure
> > that otherwise appears in the table of contents, bookmarks,
> > marking, etc. without having to make many special definitions.
> >
> > One suggests:
> > \definehead [NOchapter] [chapter]
> > \setuphead [NOchapter] [incrementnumber=no,number=no,bodypartlabel=]
> >
> > \starttext
> > \startNOchapter [title=Introduction]
> > \stopNOchapter
> > \startchapter [title=First chapter]
> > \stopchapter
> > \stoptext
>
> \startnamedsection[NOchapter][title=…]
> …
> \stopnamedsection
> \startnamedsection[chapter][title=…]
> …
> \stopnamedsection
>
> > And then adding NOchapter to the contents combined list, to the
> > bookmarks, and so on, not to speak about marking. Ugh!
> >
> > Much easier would be the occasional use of
> > \startchapter
> > [title=Introduction,incrementnumber=no,number=no,bodypartlabel=]
> > \stopchapter but this does not work! One gets: "Chapter
> > Introduction". That this does not work I suppose might be somewhat
> > of a bug...
> >
> > Even better, more coherent, more logical, would be
> > \startchapter
> > [title=Introduction,incrementnumber=no,number=no,label=no]
> > \stopchapter (Note that "label=no" is used for lists).
> >
> > This would also have the advantage of allowing the chapter
> > labeltext to be defined for each language, rather than be empty, so
> > that it could then be simply turned on or off.
>
> \setuplabeltext[en][chapter=…]
> \setuplabeltext[nl][chapter=…]
>
> > In fact, label=no would be the default setup.
>
> \setuplist[chapter][label=yes|no|none|<NAME>]
>
> Wolfgang

All of this does not take care of handling "NOchapter" in marking,
bookmarks, contents, etc. Consider:
\setupheadertexts [chapter]
\placebookmarks [chapter,section] [chapter]
\definecombinedlist [content] [chapter,section,subsection]

Nor the fact that labeltext chapter is empty by default,
rather than simply disabled or turned-off.

@ 2013-03-26 19:10     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-03-26 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.03.2013 um 19:54 schrieb Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>:

> All of this does not take care of handling "NOchapter" in marking,
> bookmarks, contents, etc. Consider:
> \setupheadertexts [chapter]
> \placebookmarks [chapter,section] [chapter]
> \definecombinedlist [content] [chapter,section,subsection]

TOC entries can be suppressed with “saveinlist=no”.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead [bodypartlabel=]
@ 2013-03-27  8:39       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2013-03-27  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

nice feature.
However when applying it, the numbering of the chapters is not correct. - See attached minimal example

Willi

\starttext
\completecontent

\startchapter[title=Chapter in list]

\stopchapter
\startchapter[title=Chapter not in list, saveinlist=no]
\stopchapter