* Newbie question about \XeTeXpicfile
@ 2007-06-17 22:51 Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-06-17 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello,

Sorry for a newbie question. I wonder how to insert figures so that they are equally spaced from both the previous and next paragraphs. Now the figure is glued to the previous paragraph. If it possible, please suggest a document-wide solution (maybe new user command?).

Prev Text. Prev Text. Prev Text. Prev Text.

\XeTeXpicfile "myfigure.png"

Next Text. NextText. Next Text.

And is it wise to use \XeTeXpicfile command at all ? Will \externalfigure take the place of it in the nearest release, won't it?

--
Best,
 Vyatcheslav

* Re: Newbie question about \XeTeXpicfile
@ 2007-06-18  9:41 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <309706188.20070618131021@gmail.com>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-06-18  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for a newbie question. I wonder how to insert figures so that they are equally spaced from both the previous and next paragraphs. Now the figure is glued to the previous paragraph. If it possible, please suggest a document-wide solution (maybe new user command?).
>
> Prev Text. Prev Text. Prev Text. Prev Text.
>
> \XeTeXpicfile "myfigure.png"
>
> Next Text. NextText. Next Text.
>
> And is it wise to use \XeTeXpicfile command at all ? Will \externalfigure take the place of it in the nearest release, won't it?

the most recent xetex driver filesd hould be ok in this respect

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-06-18 10:17     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-06-18 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
>>> Sorry for a newbie question. I wonder how to insert figures so that they are equally spaced from both the previous and next paragraphs. Now the figure is glued to the previous paragraph. If it possible, please suggest a document-wide solution (maybe new user command?).
>
>>> Prev Text. Prev Text. Prev Text. Prev Text.
>
>>> \XeTeXpicfile "myfigure.png"
>
>>> Next Text. NextText. Next Text.
>
>>> And is it wise to use \XeTeXpicfile command at all ? Will \externalfigure take the place of it in the nearest release, won't it?
>

>> the most recent xetex driver filesd hould be ok in this respect
>

> Sorry, but in what respect? And I don't know where to look for the latest driver. :(
>
> I only know that when I used \externalfigure with XeTeX in TeXLive 2007, it launched external tool to calculate each image dimensions. The compilation process became veeery slow (first time), but then, when an image happened to be  updated, the corresponding .rli file was not, and I had to manually delete it. It is ridiculous. I found that \XeTeXpicfile does its job well without ImageMagic, and that is encouraging.

you need the version from the website; something was changed recently

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE