On 12/21/22 17:20, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote: > [...] > Some other possible speedups are on-hold till I have better test cases. Many thanks for the improvements in the new release, Hans. I have some documents, but I should be reluctant to send longs, because I’m almost confident that my code is poorly written (to say the least). The attachment contains a log for a 72 page document with just text (from XML sources [XHTML generated by pandoc from Markdown file]). [Since attachments over 100KB aren’t allowed, only the last two runs are included in the log file.] With current latest from today, I get: mkiv lua stats > runtime: 2.167 seconds, 72 processed pages, 72 shipped pages, 33.225 pages/second mtx-context | purged files: xml-context.log, xml-context.tuc system | total runtime: 8.779 seconds of 8.818 seconds Exactly the same sources with previous latest (from 2022.12.15): mkiv lua stats > runtime: 2.410 seconds, 72 processed pages, 72 shipped pages, 29.877 pages/second mtx-context | purged files: xml-context.log, xml-context.tuc system | total runtime: 9.310 seconds of 9.350 seconds So, the improvement is clear in current latest. Many thanks again for the improvement, Pablo