* dejavu fonts
@ 2011-08-13 18:07 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-08-13 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

CTAN has a new font package for dejavu fonts (http://ctan.org/pkg/dejavu).

The package contains original fonts (suitable for XeTeX and LuaTeX) as
well as many tfm files.

The author is willing to add support for ConTeXt. In my opinion it
would make more sense to support straight into the font package (like
it is done for Gentium) as opposed to adding them to ConTeXt core, but
I would first like to ask for opinion before sending anything to him.

If nothing else I have a question. How exactly should one split
"type-fontname" files in third-party font packages? ConTeXt core uses
type-one.mkii (pdftex), type-one.mkiv (empty), type-otf.mkii (xetex),
type-otf.mkiv (luatex), but that approach doesn't work with
    \usetypescript[type-name]

In Gentium we used \beginOLDTEX etc., but that is suboptimal.

Thank you,
    Mojca