From: WN <wneimeijer@tiscali.nl>
To: Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: luac-texluac-luatex-texlua-...
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:04:09 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

What I did on Ubuntu 7.04 (bash shell) was this

downloaded justtex.zip and linuxtex.zip from pragma
and unzipped them in my home directory.

uncommented all the unset commands in setuptex

downloaded luatex and the lua compiler i.e luac (found it via google)
that you don't need to download them as everything is self contained in
the distro.

set the unix variable TMP to /TMP (export TMP=/tmp)
set the unix variable TEXMFCACHE to TMP (export TEXMFCACHE=/tmp)
I think the last step was not needed because the luatools script will
set it to $TMP

and rename the lua scripts luatools.lua and mtxrun.lua
(from the scripts/lua directory) to their extension less counterparts and
moved them to the texmf-linux/bin directory.  Also did a chmod 755 on them
to make them executable.

I also made a copy of luatex and named it texlua and put it in the
texmf-linux/bin
directory.

Then after reading the MyWay on MKIV I did a texexec --make --all --luatex
to generate the formats and ran succesfully the following tex script and
produced a pdf file.

% engine=luatex
\starttext
Hello from luatex
\blank
LUA
\startlua
a = 1.5
b = 1.8
c = a*b
tex.print(c)
\stoplua
\stoptext

Could be that I forgot some steps but this is what I remember.
Hope it helps

Kind regards
Wim