* LuaTeX issues
@ 2007-08-08 16:58 Pascal de Bruijn
From: Pascal de Bruijn @ 2007-08-08 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having issues executing ConTeXt with LuaTeX:

$ texexec --luatex lulu
TeXExec | processing document 'lulu'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file lulu.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 141
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
TeXExec | runtime: 0.063962

This is all the output I get. And it fails to generate a .pdf.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn

--
http://blog.pcode.nl/
http://www.linkselente.nl/

* Re: LuaTeX issues
@ 2007-08-08 17:16 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-08-08 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having issues executing ConTeXt with LuaTeX:
>
> $ texexec --luatex lulu
> TeXExec | processing document 'lulu'
> TeXExec | no ctx file found
> TeXExec | tex processing method: context
> TeXExec | TeX run 1
> TeXExec | writing option file lulu.top
> TeXExec | using randomseed 141
> TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
> TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
> TeXExec | runtime: 0.063962

My guess is that you have not properly installed "luatools". Try

   $ texexec --verbose --luatex lulu

to see what it says then.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: LuaTeX issues
@ 2007-08-08 17:30   ` Pascal de Bruijn
From: Pascal de Bruijn @ 2007-08-08 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 19:16 +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having issues executing ConTeXt with LuaTeX:
> >
> > $ texexec --luatex lulu
> > TeXExec | processing document 'lulu'
> > TeXExec | no ctx file found
> > TeXExec | tex processing method: context
> > TeXExec | TeX run 1
> > TeXExec | writing option file lulu.top
> > TeXExec | using randomseed 141
> > TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
> > TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
> > TeXExec | runtime: 0.063962
>
> My guess is that you have not properly installed "luatools". Try
>
>    $ texexec --verbose --luatex lulu
>
> to see what it says then.

I have unpacked the cont-tmf.zip file. This happens when I add verbose:

$ texexec --verbose --luatex lulu
TeXExec | processing document 'lulu'
TeXExec | using search method 'kpsefast'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | using search method 'kpsefast'
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file lulu.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 638
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
TeXExec | unable to fix backend map path
TeXExec | running: luatools --fmt=cont-en lulu.tex
TeXExec | runtime: 0.064427
TeXExec | option 'luatex' is set to 'true'
TeXExec | option 'verbose' is set to 'true'
TeXExec | option 'randomseed' is set to '638'
TeXExec | option 'filename' is set to 'lulu'
TeXExec | option 'mainlanguage' is set to 'standard'
TeXExec | option 'bodyfont' is set to 'standard'
TeXExec | option 'language' is set to 'standard'
TeXExec | option 'engine' is set to 'standard'
TeXExec | option 'distribution' is set to 'web2c'
TeXExec | option 'texformats' is set to 'en'
TeXExec | option 'mpsformats' is set to 'metafun'
TeXExec | option 'progname' is set to 'standard'
TeXExec | option 'interface' is set to 'standard'
TeXExec | option 'runs' is set to '8'
TeXExec | option 'backend' is set to 'pdftex'
located : context-tex-lulu.ctx ->

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn

--
http://blog.pcode.nl/
http://www.linkselente.nl/

* Re: LuaTeX issues
@ 2007-08-08 17:42     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-08-08 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 19:16 +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm having issues executing ConTeXt with LuaTeX:
>>>
>>> $ texexec --luatex lulu
>>> TeXExec | processing document 'lulu'
>>> TeXExec | no ctx file found
>>> TeXExec | tex processing method: context
>>> TeXExec | TeX run 1
>>> TeXExec | writing option file lulu.top
>>> TeXExec | using randomseed 141
>>> TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
>>> TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
>>> TeXExec | runtime: 0.063962
>> My guess is that you have not properly installed "luatools". Try
>>
>>    $ texexec --verbose --luatex lulu
>>
>> to see what it says then.
>>
> I have unpacked the cont-tmf.zip file. This happens when I add verbose:

You are missing a number of vital parts and actions. Please read and
execute the installation instructions in this document:

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/magazines/mag-0012.pdf

Good luck,
Taco

* Re: LuaTeX issues
@ 2007-08-08 18:30       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-08 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Quoting Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>:

> Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

>>> My guess is that you have not properly installed "luatools". Try
>>>
>>>    $ texexec --verbose --luatex lulu
>>>
>>> to see what it says then.
>>>
>> I have unpacked the cont-tmf.zip file. This happens when I add verbose:
>
> You are missing a number of vital parts and actions. Please read and
> execute the installation instructions in this document:
>
>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/magazines/mag-0012.pdf

Basically, you need to generate the formats.

run

luatools --generate

and

luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en

I noticed similar problem (texexec --lua fails without any useful
message) when I tried to install context on a new machine. I simply
downloaded context standalone installation, unzipped it, and ran
texexec --lua file. With pdftex this used to work because the formats
were located in the texmf tree. However, AFAIU, mkiv wants the
standards to be in the TEXMFCACHE directory (which is mapped to the
TEMP directory). So, simply getting the zip files from pragma does not
work. You also need to generate the formats.

Aditya

* Re: LuaTeX issues
@ 2007-08-08 19:53         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-08 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> I noticed similar problem (texexec --lua fails without any useful
> message) when I tried to install context on a new machine. I simply
> downloaded context standalone installation, unzipped it, and ran
> texexec --lua file. With pdftex this used to work because the formats
> were located in the texmf tree. However, AFAIU, mkiv wants the
> standards to be in the TEXMFCACHE directory (which is mapped to the
> TEMP directory). So, simply getting the zip files from pragma does not
> work. You also need to generate the formats.

at some point i will generate formats automatically

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE