* Scite
@ 2007-08-16 12:21 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2007-08-16 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hallo!

I had a little problems to install scite 1.74 for conTeXt under
Windows.

First, I tried to import both
'context.properties' and 'default.properties' in this order in
'SciteGlobal', but only the second(?) was imported. I tried to
comment a few other imports, which I don't use, but Scite refuses to
import context.

Finally I imported 'context.properties' in 'default.properties'. That
works!

The CTX-tools redefine the keys Ctrl-B and Ctrl-E which normaly are
used to insert abbreviations (which can be language-dependend now)
and to find matching braces. I replaced the 'Open Logfile' with Ctrl-
L (former Ctrl-E) and deleted the 'Check Text' entry completly,
because I am calling ISpell with Ctrl-I therefore.

It remains one problem: In the Scite console, the backspace key is
not really working (the char is deleted only on screen, not in the
buffer). Has anybody a solution?

Wolfgang

* Re: scite
@ 2018-08-21 16:51   ` cryo shock
From: cryo shock @ 2018-08-21 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,
this is the reply of Mitchell:

"Hi Lars,

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018, cryo shock wrote:

> Hi Mitch, hi readers,
>
> do you happen to know where one can download a SciTE / Scintilla v3.8.0
> long term stable release? Or is it only available for users who compile it
> themselves?
> This is everything I found:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/scintilla/files/scintilla/3.8.0/

Scintilla long term 3.x releases are source releases. There are no SciTE
long term 3.x releases.

Note: the latest long term 3 release is 3.10.0.

Cheers,
Mitchell"

I hope that helps. Cheers, Lars.

Am Di., 21. Aug. 2018 um 18:43 Uhr schrieb cryo shock <axteffekt@gmail.com>:

> Hi Hans,
>
> I just posted a similar question in the Textadept / Foicica-Code mailing
> list. Maybe Mitchell knows. But since you didn't find it, I think chances
> are rather low...
>
> Cheers, Lars
>
> Am Di., 21. Aug. 2018 um 17:24 Uhr schrieb Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anyone know where one can download a scite 3.80 (long term stable)
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/scintilla/files/scintilla/3.8.0/
>>
>> or do we need to start compiling it ourselves
>>
>> Hans

>>                                            Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>>                Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>>         tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: scite
@ 2018-08-21 16:43 ` cryo shock
From: cryo shock @ 2018-08-21 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I just posted a similar question in the Textadept / Foicica-Code mailing
list. Maybe Mitchell knows. But since you didn't find it, I think chances
are rather low...

Cheers, Lars

Am Di., 21. Aug. 2018 um 17:24 Uhr schrieb Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone know where one can download a scite 3.80 (long term stable)
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/scintilla/files/scintilla/3.8.0/
>
> or do we need to start compiling it ourselves
>
> Hans

* scite
@ 2018-08-21 15:24 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-08-21 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2013-08-30 11:54 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-08-30 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

For those using scite in the distribution: Ctrl + triggers a bottom menu
with alphabets organized by language cq. math alphabets (no time to do
the symbols now). If your language is missing, feel free to submit the
data (has to be utf-8).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* scite
@ 2011-11-17 18:28 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-17 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

For those using scite with the lexers that ship with context: version
3.00 has some problems with saving new files so I tries version 3.01 but
that one crashes probably due to a mismatch in the scintilla lpeg lexer
library (that unfortunately does not ship with scite itself). So, best
stick to older version for the moment.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: scite
@ 2005-07-25 20:38 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-07-25 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Since I use SCITE heavily I would welcome such extensions and would be
prepared to help in testing

Willi

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a spell checking extension (tex/xml aware), wrapper and some more
> stuff for scite. Should work with any recent scite version. Of course
> the challenge is to get it working for all kind of encodings.
>
> Is there any interest for this kind of things?
>
> Hans

* Re: scite
@ 2005-07-25 19:05   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-25 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Scite users,

I put a zip at:

  www.pragma-ade.com/context/scite/cont-sci.zip

Short note:

- use scite 1.64 of later
- copy scite-ctx.lua to ..\scite\wscite
- copy scite-ctx.properties to wherever context.properties lives
- add "import" to context.properties
- create path for spell files and put spell files there
- let environment variable CTXSPELLPATH to spell path

I want to collect some recent word lists for us-english, uk-english, german, ...

I still need to figure out accented characters in the spell checker.

Some basic help info is shown in the log pane. Features:

- word wrap (alignment at cursor position, so

  \item <cursor>text ...

  will align on the cursor

- unwrap
- spell check
- sort
- documentation mark/unmark
- compound word marker generation (- -> |-| and such)
- quote/quotation marker generation ('...' -> \quote {...})

some more stuff will be added later (experimental now).

TEX as well as XML is supported.

I'd like to play with the lua slnunicode library but it's only available in source code

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: scite
@ 2005-07-25 17:19 ` David Munger
From: David Munger @ 2005-07-25 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen :
> Hi,
>
> I made a spell checking extension (tex/xml aware), wrapper and some more
> stuff for scite. Should work with any recent scite version. Of course
> the challenge is to get it working for all kind of encodings.
>
> Is there any interest for this kind of things?
>
> Hans

I always use SciTE as well. Interest here, thanks.

David

* Re: scite
@ 2005-07-25  5:11 ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2005-07-25  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans, hi all,

Hans Hagen schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I made a spell checking extension (tex/xml aware), wrapper and some
> more stuff for scite. Should work with any recent scite version. Of
> course the challenge is to get it working for all kind of encodings.
>
> Is there any interest for this kind of things?

Since SciTe is my favourite editor, I would like to test (and of course
to use) this stuff.

Greetings Lutz

> Hans

* scite
@ 2005-07-24 22:13 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-24 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I made a spell checking extension (tex/xml aware), wrapper and some more
stuff for scite. Should work with any recent scite version. Of course
the challenge is to get it working for all kind of encodings.

Is there any interest for this kind of things?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: scite
@ 2003-09-30 20:09         ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-09-30 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
after all also here sciTE is doing what it should do. :-)

get the SciTE zip files from the Pragma-site:

http://www.pragma-ade.com/scite/wscite.zip
http://www.pragma-ade.com/scite/cscite.zip

get the MSVCR71.dll from:

http://cvs.osafoundation.org/index.cgi/osaf/chandler/Chandler/distrib/win/msvcr71.dll?sortby=log

Unpack the wscite.zip (will be umpacked into drive:\wscite)
Unpack also the cscite.zip into this directory.

For setting up your SciTE do the following:

1. Do not make an environment variable under Windows XP  (Home edition)
2. Add the path to SciTE.exe to the path systemvariable.
2. Copy the file context.properties to the directory "drive":\Documents and
Settings\"user"
3. Start sciTE e.g. from the command prompt
4. Klick on the Options in the topbar.
5. Klick on the Open "User Options File" (SciTEUser.properties) listentry
6. Open the file context.properties in the directory "drive":\Documents and
Settings\"user"
7. Edit in this file the lines where ruby and perl paths are defined  to
mach your own situation.
8. Edit the SciTEUser.properties file according to your needs (It might be
helpful to open also the SciTEGlobal.properties file under Options,
    "Open Global Options File" in order to see  which settings you want
beyond the settings in context.properties). Add at least the lines
        import context
        import metafun-scite
9. Save all files.
10. Restart SciTE

If everything went ok, you should be smiling.

Willi

Willi

* Re: scite
@ 2003-09-30 15:16         ` Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-09-30 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:

>work

>>>You probably did.  I'm running the distribution from scintilla.org .
>>>

>>Hans Hagen wrote:
>>ah .. fetch the one from our site (based on the latest 1.55)
>>

>Hm, does not work for me. Okay I donwloaded first the version from Scintilla
>site. Later I replaced this version with the version from the pragma-site.
>Still the problems mentioned remain.

I just wiped out my installation from Scintilla and started again with
the Pragma one.  I had to get the dll that Willi linked to earlier, but
now everything works as expected.
Matt

* Re: scite
@ 2003-09-30 14:37       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-09-30 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-09-30 13:01     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-30 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 18:52 30/09/2003 +0900, you wrote:
>Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>>At 18:00 30/09/2003 +0900, you wrote:
>>
>>>Setting an environment variable SciTE_HOME to the path of all my SciTE
>>>properties files helped.
>>>I also changed the "import latex" statment in my SciTEGlobal.properties
>>>to "import tex" so that Hans'
>>>new tex.properties is loaded instead.  I'm almost happy I have some work
>>>to do tonight so I can try it out. :-)
>>

>>strange, i though that i'd put a SciTEGlobal.properties in wscite.zip;
>>will look into it
>You probably did.  I'm running the distribution from scintilla.org .

ah .. fetch the one from our site (based on the latest 1.55)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: scite
@ 2003-09-30 12:57           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-30 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 20:13 30/09/2003 +0900, you wrote:

>Have you tried setting a "SciTE_HOME" environment variable.  I set it to
>the path of SciTE.exe, which is where I'm keeping all the properties
>files.  After setting this, my SciTEUser.properties was loaded (it
>contains only "import context" and "import metafun-scite").   I only had
>to edit the path to texexec and texutil in context.properties.  My only
>problem now is that I have no syntax highlighting.

are you sure that you use the proper global props file? (loading
tex.properties instead of latex.properties)

@ 2003-09-30 12:53           ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-09-30 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Willi Egger wrote:

> >calls

> >>I wonder why the user props are not loaded, this file should be in you
> >>Document And Setting \ SomeUserName path. If you open the file (options
> >>menu) you can see in the heading where it is located
> >>
> >>Hans
> >>

> >I tried in the meantime again. The SciTEUser.properties file resides in
the
> >by Hans mentioned place.There are no other copies of this file in other
> >directories. I have set the environment variable so that I am able to
start
> >sciTE from a cmd-window. The context.properties and the
> >cont*-scite.properties files reside in the directory where sciTE.exe
lives.
> >The strange thing is, that after starting sciTE form the commandline I
get
> >the list of cont-"country"-scite.properties in the options dialog but
there
> >is no context.properties and also no metafun-scite.properties. Hence
there
> >are also no commands available as defined in context.properties.
> >
> >I am a bit puzzled.
> >
> >Willi
> >

>Matthew Huggett wrote:
> Have you tried setting a "SciTE_HOME" environment variable.  I set it to
> the path of SciTE.exe, which is where I'm keeping all the properties
> files.  After setting this, my SciTEUser.properties was loaded (it
> contains only "import context" and "import metafun-scite").   I only had
> to edit the path to texexec and texutil in context.properties.  My only
> problem now is that I have no syntax highlighting.

So I have setup in the controlpanel of WIndows XP an environment variable
SciTE_HOME which points to the directory where sciTE.exe resides.
SciTEUser.properties file is still in the \document and settings\willi
directory.

What happens is, that I get a windowsize as I dimensioned it in the
SciTEUser.properties file.
I get in the options dialog de list of cont-"country"-scite.properties files
listed. There is however no context.properties and also no
metafun-scite.properties list entry.
I do not get the properties as predefined in context.properties (e.g. font,
commands, statusbar etc).

Apparently the file SciTEUser is found, but not executed correctly.

Do not know how to proceed.

Willi

P.S. when moving the SciTEUser.properties file to the directory of
sciTE.exe, I get the configuration asof there is no SciTEUser.properties
file.

* Re: scite
@ 2003-09-30 11:13         ` Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-09-30 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-09-30 10:30   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-09-30 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jules Colding <JuBColding@yorkref.com> writes:

Hi,

> Has anyone looked into an emacs mode?

I am slightly confused: This is a thread about scite and you ask
about emacs mode. Do you mean emacs related to scite (I wonder what
this could be) or emacs and ConTeXt?

If you mean emacs <-> ConTeXt there are two "modes". One from Berend
de Boer based on emacs' original tex-mode and AUCTeX with ConTeXt
support. You need the current cvs-version of AUCTeX for this.

And there is of course etexshow, the ConTeXt command browser for
emacs ( http://levana.de/emacs/ ).

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: scite
@ 2003-09-30 10:20   ` Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-09-30 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jules Colding wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 14:49, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>If you are in search for an editor:
>>
>>http://www.pragma-ade.com/scite/wscite.zip
>>http://www.pragma-ade.com/scite/cscite.zip
>>

>Has anyone looked into an emacs mode?

Both Patrick Gundlach and Berend de Boer have some emacs stuff for ConTeXt.
Patrick has a ConTeXt command look up mode called etexshow
http://levana.de/emacs/
and Berend has a mode for syntax highlighting etc.
http://www.berenddeboer.net/emacs/context.el

* Re: scite
@ 2003-09-30 10:15       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-09-30 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-09-30  9:55 ` Jules Colding
From: Jules Colding @ 2003-09-30  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-09-30  9:52   ` Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-09-30  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-09-30  9:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-30  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-09-30  9:00 Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-09-30  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi:

>>I have the same trouble as Willi.  My SciTEUser.properties is definitely
>>not being loaded.  If I put the import statements in my
>>SciTEGlobal.properties, I get the ConTeXt menu items plus replacement of
>>commands while I type.  However, there is no colouring and "compile" calls
>>LaTeX.   Two questions:
>>1) Can we use the ConTeXt stuff with the SciTE distribution from the main
>>SciTE website, or must we use the one from Pragma?
>>2) The standard SciTE distribution's SciTEGlobal.properties imports the
>>main latex.properties.  Should we delete this?

>I wonder why the user props are not loaded, this file should be in you
>Document And Setting \ SomeUserName path. If you open the file (options
>menu) you can see in the heading where it is located
>Hans

Setting an environment variable SciTE_HOME to the path of all my SciTE properties files helped.
I also changed the "import latex" statment in my SciTEGlobal.properties to "import tex" so that Hans'
new tex.properties is loaded instead.  I'm almost happy I have some work to do tonight so I can try it out. :-)

Best wishes,

Matt

* Re: scite
@ 2003-09-30  8:07     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-30  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-09-29 16:12   ` Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-09-29 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Further I am not sure how to get ConTeXt support in SciTE. I have opend the
>SciTEUser.properties file which resides in \Documents and Settings. There I
>added the files mentioned in the manual
>
>import cont-de-scite
>import cont-en-scite
>import cont-nl-scite
>import cont-xx-scite
>import metafun-scite
>import context
>
>Starting the editor is no problem. Opening a texfile gives acceptable
>coloring but I doubt the font which should be LMR (which I installed
>yesterday) - You mentioned that the system must be aware of this? How do you
>do that in Windows?
>
>Futher when compiling a texfile then latex is started ? So I conclude, that
>there is currently no loading of the SciTEUser properties file. - Whould
>this file be put into the directory where scite.exe resides?
>
>Sorry for the  many questions.
>
>Willi

I have the same trouble as Willi.  My SciTEUser.properties is definitely
not being loaded.  If I put the import statements in my
SciTEGlobal.properties, I get the ConTeXt menu items plus replacement of
commands while I type.  However, there is no colouring and "compile"
calls LaTeX.   Two questions:
1) Can we use the ConTeXt stuff with the SciTE distribution from the
main SciTE website, or must we use the one from Pragma?
2) The standard SciTE distribution's SciTEGlobal.properties imports the
main latex.properties.  Should we delete this?

Thanks for the SciTE extensions Hans.  I look forward to using them.

Matt

* Re: scite
@ 2003-09-29 15:40 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-09-29 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

This is great. Ther must be said, that potential users must download also
the MSCRV71.dll, which was at least not on my machine (Windows XP). it can
be downloaded e.g. from