* Scite
@ 2007-08-16 12:21 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2007-08-16 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hallo!

I had a little problems to install scite 1.74 for conTeXt under
Windows.

First, I tried to import both
'context.properties' and 'default.properties' in this order in
'SciteGlobal', but only the second(?) was imported. I tried to
comment a few other imports, which I don't use, but Scite refuses to
import context.

Finally I imported 'context.properties' in 'default.properties'. That
works!

The CTX-tools redefine the keys Ctrl-B and Ctrl-E which normaly are
used to insert abbreviations (which can be language-dependend now)
and to find matching braces. I replaced the 'Open Logfile' with Ctrl-
L (former Ctrl-E) and deleted the 'Check Text' entry completly,
because I am calling ISpell with Ctrl-I therefore.

It remains one problem: In the Scite console, the backspace key is
not really working (the char is deleted only on screen, not in the
buffer). Has anybody a solution?

Wolfgang

* scite
@ 2018-08-21 15:24 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-08-21 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

does anyone know where one can download a scite 3.80 (long term stable)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/scintilla/files/scintilla/3.8.0/

or do we need to start compiling it ourselves

Hans

* scite
@ 2013-08-30 11:54 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-08-30 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

For those using scite in the distribution: Ctrl + triggers a bottom menu
with alphabets organized by language cq. math alphabets (no time to do
the symbols now). If your language is missing, feel free to submit the
data (has to be utf-8).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* scite
@ 2011-11-17 18:28 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-17 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

For those using scite with the lexers that ship with context: version
3.00 has some problems with saving new files so I tries version 3.01 but
that one crashes probably due to a mismatch in the scintilla lpeg lexer
library (that unfortunately does not ship with scite itself). So, best
stick to older version for the moment.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* scite
@ 2005-07-24 22:13 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-24 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I made a spell checking extension (tex/xml aware), wrapper and some more
stuff for scite. Should work with any recent scite version. Of course
the challenge is to get it working for all kind of encodings.

Is there any interest for this kind of things?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* scite
@ 2003-09-30  9:00 Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-09-30  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi:

>>I have the same trouble as Willi.  My SciTEUser.properties is definitely
>>not being loaded.  If I put the import statements in my
>>SciTEGlobal.properties, I get the ConTeXt menu items plus replacement of
>>commands while I type.  However, there is no colouring and "compile" calls
>>LaTeX.   Two questions:
>>1) Can we use the ConTeXt stuff with the SciTE distribution from the main
>>SciTE website, or must we use the one from Pragma?
>>2) The standard SciTE distribution's SciTEGlobal.properties imports the
>>main latex.properties.  Should we delete this?

>I wonder why the user props are not loaded, this file should be in you
>Document And Setting \ SomeUserName path. If you open the file (options
>menu) you can see in the heading where it is located
>Hans

Setting an environment variable SciTE_HOME to the path of all my SciTE properties files helped.
I also changed the "import latex" statment in my SciTEGlobal.properties to "import tex" so that Hans'
new tex.properties is loaded instead.  I'm almost happy I have some work to do tonight so I can try it out. :-)

Best wishes,

Matt

* scite
@ 2003-09-29 12:49 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-29 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

If you are in search for an editor:

http://www.pragma-ade.com/scite/wscite.zip
http://www.pragma-ade.com/scite/cscite.zip

The first file has windows binaries, the second a few properties files; the
context specific properties files will also be in the distribution.

The tex/mp lexers are already in the official scite distribition but i
fixed/adde a few things, so this version is newer. I can generate linux
binaries later if there is a need for them. The cscite zip also has a
preliminary (installation) manual.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl