* Possible bug in core-tab?
@ 2007-08-16 15:54 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-16 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

|| does not work with tables, and until now I thought that this was a
limitation of tables. But upon reading core-tab, it appears that you
make a lot of effort to make sure that || works correctly, but it does
not. I think that this is due to a mistake in the definition of
pushouterbarandquote. Currently it is defined as

\gdef\pushouterbarandquote
   {\ifForgetTableBarAndQuote
      \let|\letterbar
      \let"\letterdoublequote
      \ifnum\catcode`\|=\@@active \let\outertablebar
|\else\let\outertablebar  \relax\fi
      \ifnum\catcode`\"=\@@active
\let\outertablequote"\else\let\outertablequote\relax\fi
    \fi}

Shouldn't it be the other way round? That is first save the current
meaning of | and ", and then redefine it. So,

\bgroup

\catcode`\|=\@@active
\catcode`\"=\@@active

\gdef\pushouterbarandquote
   {\ifForgetTableBarAndQuote
      \ifnum\catcode`\|=\@@active \let\outertablebar
|\else\let\outertablebar  \relax\fi
      \ifnum\catcode`\"=\@@active
\let\outertablequote"\else\let\outertablequote\relax\fi
      \let|\letterbar
      \let"\letterdoublequote
    \fi}

\egroup

This makes sure that || works correctly. The redefinition of " and |
was added last November.
http://foundry.supelec.fr/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/tex/context/base/core-tab.tex?root=contextrev&r1=168&r2=173

Aditya

* Re: Possible bug in core-tab?
@ 2007-08-16 17:26 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-16 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another bug:

\starttext
\starttablehead
\HL
\stoptablehead
\starttables[|l|l|]
   \VL Some text \VL some text \VL \AR
\stoptables
\stoptext

gives Misplaced \noalign.

Bugfix:

\def\stoptables
   {\chuckTABLEautorow %AM:Added. before the tail, else noalign problem
   \ifconditional\tablerepeattail\else\insertTABLEtail\fi
    \finishTABLE
    \egroup
    \dosplittablebox\tablecontentbox
    \flushnotes
    \egroup}

Aditya

* Re: Possible bug in core-tab?
@ 2007-08-17 18:14   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-17 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Another bug:
>
> \starttext
> \starttablehead
> \HL
> \stoptablehead
> \starttables[|l|l|]
>    \VL Some text \VL some text \VL \AR
> \stoptables
> \stoptext
>
> gives Misplaced \noalign.
>
> Bugfix:
>
> \def\stoptables
>    {\chuckTABLEautorow %AM:Added. before the tail, else noalign problem
>    \ifconditional\tablerepeattail\else\insertTABLEtail\fi
>     \finishTABLE
>     \egroup
>     \dosplittablebox\tablecontentbox
>     \flushnotes
>     \egroup}

ok, patched ... i cross my fingers for side effects -)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE