* starting out with MKiV -- oversized math fonts
@ 2007-08-19 20:02 George N. White III
From: George N. White III @ 2007-08-19 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

When I format the following example, based on the wiki, the math fonts
don't match
the body fonts.  Note that "tex.print(c)" uses the body font and is
small compared
to the output from "tex.print("$...$")".   The last line shows this is
a math-mode issue, not really a problem with output from lua:

% t-mkiv.tex -- test file for luatex and ConTeXt
% see: <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mark_IV>

% Compile:
% texmfstart texexec --lua t-mkiv

\starttext

Using lua for a calculation:

\startlua
a = 1.5
b = 1.8
c = a*b
tex.print(c)
\stoplua

\ctxlua{tex.print("$\string\\sqrt{2} = " .. math.sqrt(2) .. "$")}

There is a problem with the size of math fonts: X$X$X or x$x$x.

\stoptext

--
George N. White III <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia

* Re: starting out with MKiV -- oversized math fonts
@ 2007-08-19 20:16 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-08-19 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Or "undersized bodyfont", since the bodyfont is smaller with luatex, than
with pdftex.
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: starting out with MKiV -- oversized math fonts
@ 2007-08-19 22:53   ` George N. White III
From: George N. White III @ 2007-08-19 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/19/07, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:

> Or "undersized bodyfont", since the bodyfont is smaller with luatex, than
> with pdftex.

You are right -- it appears that \setupbodyfont[NNpt] only affects the math
font, and that the default is 12pt.  If I use NN=10, the fonts agree.
A convenient
way to check is \showfontstrip.

So, how do I get 12pt body font using MKiV?

--

@ 2007-08-19 23:00     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-19 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

George N. White III wrote:
> On 8/19/07, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Or "undersized bodyfont", since the bodyfont is smaller with luatex, than
>> with pdftex.
>
> You are right -- it appears that \setupbodyfont[NNpt] only affects the math
> font, and that the default is 12pt.  If I use NN=10, the fonts agree.
> A convenient
> way to check is \showfontstrip.
>
> So, how do I get 12pt body font using MKiV?

when taco has updated the binaries i will post a new version; that one
wil also directly read afm files so that one gets wide fonts (>256)
automatically

the 10/12 pt problem is also dealt with (has to do with missing info in
th elatin modern fonts, i.e. they have zero design size fields)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE