* Re: m-pstric
       [not found] <mailman.1.1187517602.31722.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-08-20  1:40 ` Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2007-08-20  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> > - If dvi is not the default, what is the right switch?
> > ('texexec --dvi ...' has no effect)
>
> --dvi would have been more intuitive, but it's --dvips.

That was the solution

Thank you Mojca!

Wolfgang

* TEXapplication
       [not found] <mailman.1.1187517602.31722.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-08-20 18:01 ` Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2007-08-20 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hallo,

while playing with m-pstric I realized that there is an other
problem.

m-pstric uses the TEXapplication start/stop mechanism, but the
resulting box has no extend. The commented version which does not
make use of TEXapplication works ok.

Wolfgang

* Re: m-pstric
@ 2007-08-18 15:34 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2007-08-18 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/18/07, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I tried the example in the module pstric, but it is not working.

Hello Wolfgang,

my first suggestion would be: unless you have a strong reason for
using pstricks (like: extensive amount of code already written), why
not trying pgf/TikZ instead?

> Running my 'tst.tex' loads the module and since it is in pdf-mode
> a line
>
> pstricks : using indirect method; enable write18
>
> was written.
>
> But in 'tst-texapp.log' appears the same line:
>
> pstricks : using indirect method; enable write18
>
> so 'tst-texapp.tex' was not run in dvi-mode and the pstricks macros
> are not loaded and \pspicture is unknown.

First of all: do enable write18 if it's not already.

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/write18

> \startTEXapplication
>
> has a line
>
> \executesystemcommand{texexec ...}

Second of all (a question for Hans): the example only worked if I replaced
    \executesystemcommand{texexec \bufferprefix\@@texapp.tex --once --batch}%
in page-app.tex with
    \executesystemcommand{texexec --dvips \bufferprefix\@@texapp.tex
--once --batch}%

Are there any other cases where this would fail to work (I have a
feeling that the command is only meant for dvi->ps->pdf route)? If
not, would it make sense to add the --dvips switch? Minimal example to
test the difference:

\usemodule[pstric]
\starttext

\startPSTRICKS
\pspicture(0,0)(10,10)
\psline(0,0)(2,10)
\endpspicture
\stopPSTRICKS

\stoptext

> So my question is:
>
> - Is dvi-mode the default for texexec? (I know it was, but there were
> some opposite remarks on the list)

Not any more. dvi used to be the default mode until approximately two years ago.

> - If dvi is not the default, what is the right switch?
> ('texexec --dvi ...' has no effect)

--dvi would have been more intuitive, but it's --dvips.

Mojca

* m-pstric
@ 2007-08-18 13:36 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini