* mkiv update
@ 2007-08-20  8:29 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-20  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new version (no minimals yet). There are also new binaries
(or will be later today) that fix a couple of font issues.

Later this week I will enable new color handling code.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-08-20  9:32 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2007-08-20  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> I uploaded a new version (no minimals yet). There are also new binaries
> (or will be later today) that fix a couple of font issues.

This version does not seem to fix the problem that

\currentdate [y,-,mm,-,dd]

gives an error (at least with pdfetex); Peter Münster could reproduce it
too (I don't know with which TeX engine).

Tobias

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-08-20  9:37 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-08-20  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I uploaded a new version (no minimals yet). There are also new binaries
> (or will be later today) that fix a couple of font issues.
>
> Later this week I will enable new color handling code.

the definition of \faststartcolor in core-spa.tex is missing here.

! Undefined control sequence.
\doattributes ...dostopattributes \faststartcolor

Best, Peter

> Hans

>       tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                               | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-08-20 10:43   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-20 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Hans Hagen schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I uploaded a new version (no minimals yet). There are also new binaries
>> (or will be later today) that fix a couple of font issues.
>>
>> Later this week I will enable new color handling code.
>>
> the definition of \faststartcolor in core-spa.tex is missing here.
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \doattributes ...dostopattributes \faststartcolor

ok, new version ....

btw, use the luatex binaries from the gforge repository

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-08-20 13:11 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-08-20 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I uploaded a new version (no minimals yet). There are also new binaries
> (or will be later today) that fix a couple of font issues.

I have just created a wiki page for this upload (the first one today
only, there were more, but I am no longer at the office so cannot
process these).

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2007.08.20

Starting now, I will be on vacation for two weeks, so you will have
to ask Hans to write the 'What's new' himself for a while.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-12-18 17:44     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-12-18 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>> 2. also mkiv, ConTeXt has problems to load more than one cid font in one
>>    document, loading only font but for more fonts on the first is recognized
>>    and all followings fonts can't be loaded.
>
>   I can confirm that.  Hans, the problem is in the fonts.otf.cidmap
> function in font-otf.lua: if it has already found an appropriate cidmap,
> the "if not fonts.otf.cidmaps[filename]" test fails and returns nothing.
> You need to add a matching "else" clause, something like "else return
> fonts.otf.cidmaps[filename]" (I just made this addition and recompiled
> the formats, and it works).

ok, thanks, will fix it

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-12-18 17:42   ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2007-12-18 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> 2. also mkiv, ConTeXt has problems to load more than one cid font in one
>    document, loading only font but for more fonts on the first is recognized
>    and all followings fonts can't be loaded.

  I can confirm that.  Hans, the problem is in the fonts.otf.cidmap
function in font-otf.lua: if it has already found an appropriate cidmap,
the "if not fonts.otf.cidmaps[filename]" test fails and returns nothing.
You need to add a matching "else" clause, something like "else return
fonts.otf.cidmaps[filename]" (I just made this addition and recompiled
the formats, and it works).

	Arthur

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-12-18 13:30         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-12-18 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/12/18, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>:

> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> >> Looks like we don't have a cidmap for Japan1-4. It may work if you copy
> >> <texmf-local>/fonts/cid/adobe-japan1-5.cidmap to adobe-japan1-4.cidmap
> >> (dont for get to rerun luatools --generate).
> >
> > Why do you want a cidmap for Japan 1-4, Kozuka Gothic need one for Japan1-6.
>
> Ah, sorry. My KozGoPro-Medium.otf is Japan 1-4.

I use only the Kozuka Mincho ond Gothic fonts from the japnese
language pack for Adoe Reader, it contains KozGoProVI-Medium and not
KozGoPro-Medium, your font is available in different sizes while mine
has only one style, no bold or medium but italic for latin chars.

Wolfgang

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-12-18 11:21       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-12-18 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2007-12-18 10:42     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-12-18 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/12/18, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>:

> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> >    report >> load otf: unable to remap cid font, missing cid file for
> > c:/w32tex/share/texmf-fonts/fonts/opentype/adobe/kozuka/KozGoProVI-Medium.otf
>
> Looks like we don't have a cidmap for Japan1-4. It may work if you copy
> <texmf-local>/fonts/cid/adobe-japan1-5.cidmap to adobe-japan1-4.cidmap
> (dont for get to rerun luatools --generate).

Why do you want a cidmap for Japan 1-4, Kozuka Gothic need one for Japan1-6.

The font caching did only fail if I use both fonts in "one" document,
I tried to use
both font in another document and loaded there the Gothic font before the Mincho
font and now the Gothic font worked but the Mincho font was not loaded.

At the moment I load both fonts in seperate document with only one font in every
file and this did work and I can also use both font together in my
real document.

Wolfgang

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-12-18 10:34   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-12-18 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2007-12-18 10:13 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-12-18 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/12/17, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
> Hi,
>
> there is a new luatex binary; you really need the latest mkiv (i just
> uploaded a current) with it; the memory footprint of huge fonts is
> lowered again, but don't expect more savings there (at least not on the
> short term)

Hi Hans,

too bad for you but I have to give you a bug report.

1. transparent colors are broken in mkiv.

\setupcolors[state=start]
\definecolor[tred][r=1,a=1,t=.5]
\starttext
\color[tred]{\blackrule[width=5cm,height=5cm]}
\stoptext

2. also mkiv, ConTeXt has problems to load more than one cid font in one
   document, loading only font but for more fonts on the first is recognized
   and all followings fonts can't be loaded.

   The relevant part in the log file is:

   report >> load otf: loading:
c:/w32tex/share/texmf-fonts/fonts/opentype/adobe/kozuka/KozMinProVI-Regular.otf
   report >> load otf: enhance: before
   report >> load otf: checking cidmap, registry: Adobe, ordering:
Japan1, supplement: 6
   report >> load otf: using cidmap file Adobe-Japan1-6.cidmap

   report >> load otf: loading:
c:/w32tex/share/texmf-fonts/fonts/opentype/adobe/kozuka/KozGoProVI-Medium.otf
   report >> load otf: enhance: before
   report >> load otf: unable to remap cid font, missing cid file for
c:/w32tex/share/texmf-fonts/fonts/opentype/adobe/kozuka/KozGoProVI-Medium.otf

   I attached also the complete message from my ConTeXt run.

Wolfgang

[-- Attachment #2: cjk-load.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 3670 bytes --]

* Re: mkiv update
@ 2007-12-17 15:45 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-12-17 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/12/17, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
> Hi,
>
> there is a new luatex binary; you really need the latest mkiv (i just
> uploaded a current) with it; the memory footprint of huge fonts is
> lowered again, but don't expect more savings there (at least not on the
> short term)

sounds like good new to me but I was also impresses by the last betas
because everyone lowered the process time on my system and normal
fonts had been never be a problem.

Wolfgang

* mkiv update
@ 2007-12-17 14:02 Hans Hagen