* dvips; hungarumlaut
@ 2007-08-23 12:47 Istvan Hollerbach
From: Istvan Hollerbach @ 2007-08-23 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Evereybody,

I have written a short tex file. Then I have made a dvi file by command:
texexec --dvi proba.tex. A dvi and a ps files have been made. Dvi is ok,
but ps not. I have deleted the ps file. In order to make a ps file I
have inserted command: dvips proba.dvi. I have received an error message:

This is dvips(k) 5.96 Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
dvips: ! Couldn't find header file tex.pro.
Note that an absolute path or a relative path with .. are denied in -R2
mode.

and

In document mp-cb-en.pdf on page 73 and in ms-cb-en.pdf  on page 95 in
the table hungarumlaut (\H{u}) does not appear correctly. Hungarumlaut
is a doubleacute on o, O, u, and U. Hungarumlaut or doubleacute is used
solely in Hungarian language.

Best regards,
Istvan

* Re: dvips; hungarumlaut
@ 2007-08-24  5:34 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-08-24  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/8/23, Istvan Hollerbach <hollerbi@gmail.com>:
> Hi Evereybody,
>
> I have written a short tex file. Then I have made a dvi file by command:
> texexec --dvi proba.tex. A dvi and a ps files have been made. Dvi is ok,

texexec --dvips proba

Wolfgang

> but ps not. I have deleted the ps file. In order to make a ps file I
> have inserted command: dvips proba.dvi. I have received an error message:
>
> This is dvips(k) 5.96 Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
> (www.radicaleye.com)
> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file tex.pro.
> Note that an absolute path or a relative path with .. are denied in -R2
> mode.
>
> and
>
> In document mp-cb-en.pdf on page 73 and in ms-cb-en.pdf  on page 95 in
> the table hungarumlaut (\H{u}) does not appear correctly. Hungarumlaut
> is a doubleacute on o, O, u, and U. Hungarumlaut or doubleacute is used
> solely in Hungarian language.
>
> Best regards,
> Istvan

* Re: dvips; hungarumlaut
@ 2007-08-24  5:57   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-24  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> 2007/8/23, Istvan Hollerbach <hollerbi@gmail.com>:
>> Hi Evereybody,
>>
>> I have written a short tex file. Then I have made a dvi file by command:
>> texexec --dvi proba.tex. A dvi and a ps files have been made. Dvi is ok,
>
> texexec --dvips proba

The trouble is the missing tex.pro file. Are you (OP) using context
standalone distribution? For some reason it does not have tex.pro
file.

Hans, where do you fetch the dvips binaries from? Why is tex.pro not
included in the distribution?

Aditya

* Re: dvips; hungarumlaut
@ 2007-08-24  6:20     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-08-24  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/8/24, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
> On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
> > 2007/8/23, Istvan Hollerbach <hollerbi@gmail.com>:
> >> Hi Evereybody,
> >>
> >> I have written a short tex file. Then I have made a dvi file by command:
> >> texexec --dvi proba.tex. A dvi and a ps files have been made. Dvi is ok,
> >
> > texexec --dvips proba
> >

> The trouble is the missing tex.pro file. Are you (OP) using context
> standalone distribution? For some reason it does not have tex.pro
> file.
>
> Hans, where do you fetch the dvips binaries from? Why is tex.pro not
> included in the distribution?

We need also a few other files for the minimals, font.conf for XeTeX is missing,
we have no ini files to generate the format files for pdfTeX, XeTeX and LuaTeX.

Wolfgang

* Re: dvips; hungarumlaut
@ 2007-08-24  6:23     ` Istvan Hollerbach
From: Istvan Hollerbach @ 2007-08-24  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Wolfgang and Aditya,

I downloaded http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/install/mswincontext.zip.
It is a 2007-08-08 15:12 version, I use this on Windows XP Professional
Hungarian Edition SP2.
I have run command texexec --dvips próba.tex. Here is the error message:

c:\Program
Files\ConTeXt\isoimage\usr\local\context\tex\texmf-mswin\bin>texexec
--dvips próba.tex
TeXExec | processing document 'próba.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file próba.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 17
TeXExec | tex engine: pdftex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
pdftex: unrecognized option `-alias=context'
pdftex: unrecognized option `--undump=cont-en'
pdftex: unrecognized option `-tcx=natural.tcx'
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.4 (Web2C 7.5.6)
 \write18 enabled.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdftex.fmt
I can't find the format file `pdftex.fmt'!
TeXExec | runtime: 0.11