* section title: alignment
@ 2007-09-17  9:55 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2007-09-17  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear list members,

My section titles have a gray background of textwidth, as follows:

\def\SectionCommand#1#2{\framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,%
align=right,background=color,backgroundcolor=lightgray]{#1\quad#2}}
\setuphead[section][command=\SectionCommand,numbercolor=red]

That works, except when section titles are longer than textwidth: in
that case, the second line is aligned with the number, not the text. How
can I get correct alignment? I tried to include \starttabulate \NC #1
\NC #2 \NC\NR \stoptabulate in SectionCommand, but then the background
extends too much above and below.

I'm sure there is an easy solution? Thanks a lot, Jörg

Minimal example:
\setupcolors[state=start]
\def\SectionCommand#1#2{\framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,%
align=right,background=color,backgroundcolor=lightgray]{#1\quad#2}}
\setuphead[section][command=\SectionCommand,numbercolor=red]

\starttext
\section{A very long title, longer than the width of the text and
therefore needing a second line}
\stoptext

* Re: section title: alignment
@ 2007-09-18  9:10 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-09-18  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:55:46 +0200
Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch> wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> My section titles have a gray background of textwidth, as follows:
>
> \def\SectionCommand#1#2{\framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,%
> align=right,background=color,backgroundcolor=lightgray]{#1\quad#2}}
> \setuphead[section][command=\SectionCommand,numbercolor=red]

\def\SectionCommand#1#2%
  {\framed
     [frame=off,
      width=\textwidth,
      align={right},
      background=color,
      backgroundcolor=lightgray]
     {\hbox to.05\textwidth{\strut#1}\quad
      \vtop{\hsize\dimexpr\hsize-.05\textwidth-1em\relax\begstrut#2
\endstrut}}}

> That works, except when section titles are longer than textwidth: in
> that case, the second line is aligned with the number, not the text. How
> can I get correct alignment? I tried to include \starttabulate \NC #1
> \NC #2 \NC\NR \stoptabulate in SectionCommand, but then the background
> extends too much above and below.
>
> I'm sure there is an easy solution? Thanks a lot, Jörg
>
> Minimal example:
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \def\SectionCommand#1#2{\framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,%
> align=right,background=color,backgroundcolor=lightgray]{#1\quad#2}}
> \setuphead[section][command=\SectionCommand,numbercolor=red]
>
> \starttext
> \section{A very long title, longer than the width of the text and
> therefore needing a second line}
> \stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: section title: alignment
@ 2007-09-18 12:44   ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2007-09-18 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks a lot. Luckily, the publisher is asking for amazingly few
alterations of the manuscript -- this was one to be expected.
I bought Knuth's TeX book, but didn't have time to look into it -- I'll
have to wait until I understand your solution.
Cheers, Jörg

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:55:46 +0200
> Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch> wrote:
>

>> Dear list members,
>>
>> My section titles have a gray background of textwidth, as follows:
>>
>> \def\SectionCommand#1#2{\framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,%
>> align=right,background=color,backgroundcolor=lightgray]{#1\quad#2}}
>> \setuphead[section][command=\SectionCommand,numbercolor=red]
>>

> \def\SectionCommand#1#2%
>   {\framed
>      [frame=off,
>       width=\textwidth,
>       align={right},
>       background=color,
>       backgroundcolor=lightgray]
>      {\hbox to.05\textwidth{\strut#1}\quad
>       \vtop{\hsize\dimexpr\hsize-.05\textwidth-1em\relax\begstrut#2
> \endstrut}}}
>

>> That works, except when section titles are longer than textwidth: in
>> that case, the second line is aligned with the number, not the text. How
>> can I get correct alignment? I tried to include \starttabulate \NC #1
>> \NC #2 \NC\NR \stoptabulate in SectionCommand, but then the background
>> extends too much above and below.
>>
>> I'm sure there is an easy solution? Thanks a lot, Jörg
>>
>> Minimal example:
>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>> \def\SectionCommand#1#2{\framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,%
>> align=right,background=color,backgroundcolor=lightgray]{#1\quad#2}}
>> \setuphead[section][command=\SectionCommand,numbercolor=red]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \section{A very long title, longer than the width of the text and
>> therefore needing a second line}
>> \stoptext
>>

> Wolfgang

Prof.Dr.med. Jörg Hagmann-Zanolari
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics
Centre of Biomedicine, University of Basel
Mattenstrasse 28
CH-4058 Basel
Switzerland
Phone +41 (0)61 267 3565