* 'TeX capacity exceeded' problem
@ 2007-10-11 15:10 Jeong Dalyoung
From: Jeong Dalyoung @ 2007-10-11 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

Finally, luatools is working(gwTeX, Mac OSX  10.4).

Following the instruction given by Thomas, I succeeded to run
'luatools --generate'
but I got an error when I run 'luatools --ini --compile --verbose
cont-en'.
There is a memory problem for the languages.
Following the suggestion, I add a line 'trie_size = 400000' at the
end of texmf.cnf in the folder /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.cnf.
After that  'luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en' is running
without error and the format file is created in the folder /tmp/
luatex-cache/context/...

I test it using a simple file like
\starttext
some texts
\startlua
a = 1.5
b = 1.8
c = a*b
tex.print(c)
\stoplua
\stoptext

and it was working nicely.

But when I tested a sample file in the wiki,

\usetypescript[palatino]
\setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]
\starttext
effe fietsen 2: \input tufte $\sqrt{2}$ \eogonek
\sc effe fietsen 2: \input tufte $\sqrt{2}$ \eogonek
\stoptext

I got a fatal error. Here are some lines in log file.

(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex) (/usr/
local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/type-otf.tex) (/usr/local/
gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/type-tmf.tex) (/usr/local/gwTeX/
texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [parameter stack size=60].
\donormalizedbodyfontsize #1.#2#3#4\to #5->
                                            \edef #5{#1\ifcase
\fontdigits \o...
\docommand ...\scratchdimen \to \tempbodyfontsize
                                                   \setevalue {\??ft
\fontcla...
\next7 #1,->\docommand {#1}
                            \doprocesscommaitem
<argument> \relax text,
                        script,scriptscript,x,xx,big,small
\doprocesscommalist ...aitem \gobbleoneargument #1
                                                   ,]\relax \global
\advance ...
<argument> ...acommand [\fontsizelist ]\docommand
                                                   \copyparameters
[\??ft \fo...
l.22 \stoptypescript

node memory in use: 1601 words out of 100604 (98904 untouched)
currently available: 1:3, 2:9, 3:3, 4:7, 6:4, 8:2 nodes
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Would you please tell me what is wrong here?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: 'TeX capacity exceeded' problem
@ 2007-10-11 16:27 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-10-11 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeong Dalyoung wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Finally, luatools is working(gwTeX, Mac OSX  10.4).
>
> Following the instruction given by Thomas, I succeeded to run
> 'luatools --generate'
> but I got an error when I run 'luatools --ini --compile --verbose
> cont-en'.
> There is a memory problem for the languages.
> Following the suggestion, I add a line 'trie_size = 400000' at the
> end of texmf.cnf in the folder /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.cnf.
> After that  'luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en' is running
> without error and the format file is created in the folder /tmp/
> luatex-cache/context/...
>
> I test it using a simple file like
> \starttext
> some texts
> \startlua
> a = 1.5
> b = 1.8
> c = a*b
> tex.print(c)
> \stoplua
> \stoptext
>
> and it was working nicely.

problems like this will go away with the next release, since mkiv will
load patterns at runtime (smaller format, faster loading of format,
faster generation of format, neglectable load time of patterns at runtime)

> (/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex) (/usr/
> local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/type-otf.tex) (/usr/local/
> gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/type-tmf.tex) (/usr/local/gwTeX/
> texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex
> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [parameter stack size=60].

strange ... looks like the config file is not read (generated by luatools)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE