* Feature request for backgrounds
@ 2007-10-11 10:16 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-10-11 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

can you provide a backgroundimage key for localframed (ot use it in framed)
and fastlocalframed (to use it in \setupbackgrounds) to create something like:

\setupexternalfigures[location=global]
\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

\defineoverlay
  [Wallpaper]
  [\backgroundimage{1}{\paperwidth}{\paperheight}{\externalfigure[cow]}]

\setupbackgrounds
  [page]
  [background={color,Wallpaper},
   backgroundcolor=orange]

\startstandardmakeup
\stopstandardmakeup

\stoptext

I want to write the above example in the following way,

\setupbackgrounds
  [page]
  [background={color,image},
   backgroundcolor=orange,
   backgroundimage=cow]

The same mechanism should be also possible for \framed.

It should be possible to enable a image and a backgroundcolor at the same
time to have a fallback mechanism for the case there is no image available
or I want a colored background behind the image.

I have also a few wishes for \backgroundimage command in core-box,
is it possible let the graphics start in the left top corner and crop it only
at the ride side and at the bottom like the default bahaviour in html.

Shouldn't the \scratchbox in the \nextboxwd test be a \nextbox.

Wolfgang