* natural table splitting bug
@ 2007-10-26 12:32 Santy, Michael
From: Santy, Michael @ 2007-10-26 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In our XML->ConTeXt->PDF workflow, we've encountered a few intermittent problems when using split natural tables.  I'm not able to post the original documents in which the problems are manifesting, but below is a document that reproduces one of the problems.  The first page of the document is full of text, pushing a split natural table with five rows and a header to the top of the second page.  However, only the first row appears on the second page, and the rest of the table is continued on the third page.

I'm using a stock ConTeXt 9/28 distribution, but this problem can also be reproduced on live.contextgarden.net.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or help me debug this problem?  These natural table bugs are the only thing stopping us from deploying our ConTeXt workflow.

Cheers,
Mike Santy

\setuppapersize[letter][letter]

\showframe

\starttext

\def\blah{
  Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their %
  country.  The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
}
\dorecurse{28}{\blah}

\placetable[split]{Broken Split Table}{
\setupTABLE[split=repeat]
\bTABLE
\bTABLEhead
  \bTR[style=\bf]
    \bTD Header A \eTD
    \bTD Header B \eTD
  \eTR
\eTABLEhead
\bTABLEbody
  \dorecurse{5}{
    \bTR
      \bTD A \eTD
      \bTD B \eTD
    \eTR
  }
\eTABLEbody
\eTABLE
}

\stoptext

* Re: natural table splitting bug
@ 2007-10-26 13:12 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-10-26 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Michael,

Santy, Michael schrieb:
> In our XML->ConTeXt->PDF workflow, we've encountered a few intermittent
> problems when using split natural tables.  I'm not able to post the
> original documents in which the problems are manifesting, but below is a
> document that reproduces one of the problems.  The first page of the
> document is full of text, pushing a split natural table with five rows
> and a header to the top of the second page.  However, only the first row
> appears on the second page, and the rest of the table is continued on
> the third page.
>
> I'm using a stock ConTeXt 9/28 distribution, but this problem can also
> be reproduced on live.contextgarden.net.
>
> Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or help me debug this
> problem?  These natural table bugs are the only thing stopping us >from
> deploying our ConTeXt workflow.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike Santy
>

> \setuppapersize[letter][letter]
>
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
>
> \def\blah{

the 'error' is already on the first page (text expands over it's lower
border).

Simply try

  \def\blah{%

and see what happens. Spurious spaces can be cruel :)

Best wishes, Peter