* indenting list items.
@ 2005-03-08 19:14 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-03-08 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a multilevel set of itemized lists but I want to reduce
the indentation because it takes up too much room. In other words
instead of
1. foo
    a. fubar
        * bar
 I want spacing like
 1. foo
  a. fubar
   * bar

So I put this at the head of my document:

\setupitemize[packed,serried,atmargin][indentnext=no,align=left]

Since I don't know which parameter affects which dimension, I
used them all. None of them seem to do what I am looking for. The
space between items disappeared but that was the only change.

Second question: The definition of \setupitemize seems to use
three sets of square brackets but \startitemize seems to only use
two. So, at the \startitemize level, which paramaters go in which
set of braces?

I have scanned looking for earlier posts but none seem to address
these two problems.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters