[parent not found: <mailman.3619.1194451759.2346.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
* Font sizes using Chinese module
@ 2007-11-07  9:50 Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2007-11-07  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt List

Hello all. I hope this is quite a simple question.

I'm using the Chinese module, with the font definitions in font-chi.tex,
to typeset UTF-8 content. I can happily use the default sizes a, b, c, d
and x, xx, xxx - so \bfd produces large bold, and \tfx produces small
normal weight text.

But I really need to be able to do the equivalent of \definedfont[Bold
at 48pt]. Unfortunately this doesn't work - it produces normal text size
and weight.

Unfortunately it isn't easy to post an example, because you need UTF-8
content, and you need the fonts set up for Chinese (which I believe
ConTeXt Live doesn't currently have). So I'm hoping that someone
familiar with the workings of font-chi.tex can tell me how to get
specific point sizes of specific fonts. Is there a unicode font
equivalent of \definedfont? Or a way of adding an e and f size
definition to the default set?

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

Duncan