* patch to bibl-ams.tex
@ 2007-12-03 13:36 Peter I. Hansen
From: Peter I. Hansen @ 2007-12-03 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I'm typesetting a document using the context bib/bibltx modules and
the 'ams' style. In the printed bibliography, entries with many
authors are converted into:
"Hansen et al." as they should, but printed as:
"Hansenet al." which looks bad.

My output looks much better using the following very simple tweak of
the file 'bibl-ams.tex'

99c99
<     \c!artauthoretaltext={ {\it et al.\/}}]
---
>     \c!artauthoretaltext={ {\it\ et al.\/}}]

Just wanted to post is in case someone finds this handy.

-Peter

* Re: patch to bibl-ams.tex
@ 2007-12-04  9:01 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-12-04  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter I. Hansen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm typesetting a document using the context bib/bibltx modules and
> the 'ams' style. In the printed bibliography, entries with many
> authors are converted into:
> "Hansen et al." as they should, but printed as:
> "Hansenet al." which looks bad.
>
> My output looks much better using the following very simple tweak of
> the file 'bibl-ams.tex'
>
> 99c99
> <     \c!artauthoretaltext={ {\it et al.\/}}]
> ---
>>     \c!artauthoretaltext={ {\it\ et al.\/}}]
>
> Just wanted to post is in case someone finds this handy.

I thought I had fixed that (semi!)recently, IIRC the problem
was not in the bibl- file but a missing \relax in the core module.
Is

   http://modules.contextgarden.net/bib

still wrong?

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: patch to bibl-ams.tex
@ 2007-12-04 17:36   ` Peter I. Hansen
From: Peter I. Hansen @ 2007-12-04 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Dec 4, 2007 10:01 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Peter I. Hansen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm typesetting a document using the context bib/bibltx modules and
> > the 'ams' style. In the printed bibliography, entries with many
> > authors are converted into:
> > "Hansen et al." as they should, but printed as:
> > "Hansenet al." which looks bad.
> >
> > My output looks much better using the following very simple tweak of
> > the file 'bibl-ams.tex'
> >
> > 99c99
> > <     \c!artauthoretaltext={ {\it et al.\/}}]
> > ---
> >>     \c!artauthoretaltext={ {\it\ et al.\/}}]
> >
> > Just wanted to post is in case someone finds this handy.
>
> I thought I had fixed that (semi!)recently, IIRC the problem
> was not in the bibl- file but a missing \relax in the core module.
> Is
>
>    http://modules.contextgarden.net/bib
>
> still wrong?

I just know that it didn't work the way I wanted. I use the version
provided by debian Sid (http://packages.debian.org/sid/texlive-base)
which seems to be numbered 2007-13.

-Peter

* Re: patch to bibl-ams.tex
@ 2007-12-05  8:57     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-12-05  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter I. Hansen wrote:

> I just know that it didn't work the way I wanted. I use the version
> provided by debian Sid (http://packages.debian.org/sid/texlive-base)
> which seems to be numbered 2007-13.

I have no idea of what that number relates to at my end. If you look
up t-bib.tex on your harddisk, it should have a version= statement
on the third line.

Best wishes,
Taco