* hangs again :-)
@ 2007-12-16 19:09 zs
From: zs @ 2007-12-16 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I'm reprting another problem with jammed context/luatex.

To avoid my previous problem with table I tried trunk version of luatex. One problem is solved, another one appeared - but now it's not so easy to determine what causes the trouble. I found following:

When I try to compile my thesis(quite long doc.), everythig seem to work fine until final step(final pdf file has 99.8% of its normal size) where it hangs using 100% CPU, just after this report:

report:lua             : loaded patterns - cz:cz:pat:exc:3 en:en:pat:exc:2
lua             : current memory usage - 294785281 bytes
lua             : cleaned up reserved nodes - 18 nodes, 11 lists (of 100)
remark          : temporary fallback to base mode for tlig and trep
 )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
node memory in use: -3138 words out of 100000

I uncovered that when I comment out line with my font settings (\usetypescriptfile.................) leaving everything default, complilation passes OK.
It's strange, because another thin that helps is deleting some lines of the source file, i.e. this line:

\part{something}

Deleting of some other different lines helps too, I can't find the rule, sorry.
I'm still not able to make simple document causing the same problem.

I'm sorry for bothering you again.

ZS

* Re: hangs again :-)
@ 2007-12-17  9:06 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-12-17  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

zs wrote:

> node memory in use: -3138 words out of 100000

this looks like a bug in luatex itself ...

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: hangs again :-)
@ 2007-12-17 10:35   ` Taco Hoekwater
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-12-17 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> zs wrote:
>
>> node memory in use: -3138 words out of 100000
>
> this looks like a bug in luatex itself ...

It certainly does. But I really need a test file, otherwise
nothing can be done about it.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: hangs again :-)
@ 2007-12-17 13:28     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-12-17 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It certainly does. But I really need a test file, otherwise
> nothing can be done about it.

zs has send me a test offlist , but i can only check it this evening .
One question:
how do you install fonts under mkiv ?
I use texfont, as in mkii.

--
luigi
it's new .

* Re: hangs again :-)
@ 2007-12-17 13:57       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-12-17 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
>> It certainly does. But I really need a test file, otherwise
>> nothing can be done about it.
>
> zs has send me a test offlist , but i can only check it this evening .
> One question:
> how do you install fonts under mkiv ?
> I use texfont, as in mkii.

mkdir /texmf/fonts/data/vendor/collection

and copy the files there

then run luatools --generate

mkiv reads otf files as well as afm files, so it's ok for type1 as well
(mkiv treats them as wide fonts and remaps them to unicode, so texfont
is not needed at all)

there is no need to distribute font files over all those subpaths of
/fonts and no map file is needed either

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: hangs again :-)
@ 2007-12-17 20:56     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-12-17 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It certainly does. But I really need a test file, otherwise
> nothing can be done about it.

After updating to last context and luatex, compilation is ok.
I have send file to zs offlist, I'm not able to say if it's correct (it's
czech) .

--
luigi
it's new .

* Re: hangs again :-)
@ 2007-12-17 23:52     ` zs
From: zs @ 2007-12-17 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have just upgraded to
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.20.2-2007121800 (Web2C 7.5.6)
ConTeXt  ver: 2007.12.17 14:54 MKIV  fmt: 2007.12.18  int: english/english

... and everything seems to work beautifuly.
If you wanted to check my source file, which made svn version from 12/15/2007 to hang, I can send it to you.

Thanks for good work.

Regards

Zdenek

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:35:42 +0100
Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Hans Hagen wrote:
> > zs wrote:
> >
> >> node memory in use: -3138 words out of 100000
> >
> > this looks like a bug in luatex itself ...
>
> It certainly does. But I really need a test file, otherwise
> nothing can be done about it.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: hangs again :-)
@ 2007-12-18  8:14       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-12-18  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

zs wrote:
> I have just upgraded to
> This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.20.2-2007121800 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> ConTeXt  ver: 2007.12.17 14:54 MKIV  fmt: 2007.12.18  int: english/english
>
> ... and everything seems to work beautifuly.
> If you wanted to check my source file, which made svn version from 12/15/2007 to hang, I can send it to you.

Thanks, but no. If it works now, then it is a bug I have already fixed,
apparently. No need to look at it again.

Best wishes,
Taco