* aligning external figures
@ 2017-06-04  9:29 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-06-04  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \setupexternalfigure[location=default, align=middle]
    \starttext
    \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[cow.pdf]

    \externalfigure[cow.pdf]
    \stoptext

As you can see, \dontleavehmode makes no difference.

Does anyone know how the align key in \setupexternalfigure works?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: aligning external figures
@ 2017-06-07 13:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-06-07 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/4/2017 11:29 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \setupexternalfigure[location=default, align=middle]
>      \starttext
>      \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[cow.pdf]
>
>      \externalfigure[cow.pdf]
>      \stoptext
>
> As you can see, \dontleavehmode makes no difference.
>
> Does anyone know how the align key in \setupexternalfigure works?

it doesn't (no clue what it should be doing anyway)

Hans

* Re: aligning external figures
@ 2017-06-07 18:23   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-06-07 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 06/07/2017 03:55 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 6/4/2017 11:29 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> Does anyone know how the align key in \setupexternalfigure works?
>
> it doesn't (no clue what it should be doing anyway)

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

grph-inc.mkiv includes the following content in line 104 (removed some
blank spaces, so it fits in a single line):

   \c!align    =\v!none, % New, for Tacos extremely large graphics.

Sorry for asking, but would it be possible that the key should set
alignment for externalfigures and there is a bug in it?

Taco, may you enlighten us in the alignment your extremely large
graphics needed? (Sorry for bothering you, but we need to know which
kind of alignment is.)

Pablo
--

@ 2017-06-07 19:02     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-06-07 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/7/2017 8:23 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 06/07/2017 03:55 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 6/4/2017 11:29 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Does anyone know how the align key in \setupexternalfigure works?
>>
>> it doesn't (no clue what it should be doing anyway)
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Hans.
>
> grph-inc.mkiv includes the following content in line 104 (removed some
> blank spaces, so it fits in a single line):
>
>     \c!align    =\v!none, % New, for Tacos extremely large graphics.
>
> Sorry for asking, but would it be possible that the key should set
> alignment for externalfigures and there is a bug in it?
>
> Taco, may you enlighten us in the alignment your extremely large
> graphics needed? (Sorry for bothering you, but we need to know which
> kind of alignment is.)
probably a mkii left over ... (maybe the reporting part) ... there is
nothing to align in an external graphic (apart from the framed box but
thatone has exact dimension sso again, nothing to align

Hans

* Re: aligning external figures
@ 2017-06-07 19:10       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-06-07 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/07/2017 09:02 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>>     \c!align    =\v!none, % New, for Tacos extremely large graphics.
>>
>> Sorry for asking, but would it be possible that the key should set
>> alignment for externalfigures and there is a bug in it?
>>
>> Taco, may you enlighten us in the alignment your extremely large
>> graphics needed? (Sorry for bothering you, but we need to know which
>> kind of alignment is.)
>
> probably a mkii left over ... (maybe the reporting part) ... there is
> nothing to align in an external graphic (apart from the framed box but
> thatone has exact dimension sso again, nothing to align

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

Now it’s clear to me.

Pablo
--